Any Alaska Cruiseline that doesn't charge 1yr old baby?

msenoch

Hi! I am planning on a Alaska cruise for May 2007 and just wondering if there is any cruiseline that doesn't charge my son who will be 1yr old at that time. And I am also curious if there is any type of cabin that can hold 8 people (6 adults and 2 children). A cabin with 3 bedroom would be ideal. Is it too early to make an reservation? When and where can I find the best rate? Is it possible that a travel agent has a good package that can beat the internet rate? I'm in Michigan so will be flying to Seattle. When and where can I find the cheapest rate for the flight? Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

msenoch

I could be wrong, but my memory is that NCL is the only cruiseline that may not charge for infants; however, you still have to pay port charges.

NCL does have some "villas" with 3 bedrooms; however, the cost for the first 2 people is so high that, unless you want a suite, 3 cabins would cost less.

NCL, like RCCL and Carnival controls the rates so all agencies' prices tend to be pretty much the same except when they reserve a block of cabins and sell them at a reduced rate. However, some online agents, offer perks like free insurance or free speciality dining since they can not discount the fare.

Generally airfare goes down about 90 days out. However, the fare from Newark to Seattle never went down this year. Therefore, I would start watching for sales once you make your reservations.

First, you will have to pay for your 1 yr old. Some cruiselines charge 1/2 fare for 3rd and 4th passengers.

Next, yes there are cabins that hold that many on certain ships - called family cabins. Usually two bedroom with living room. The smaller bedroom holds 4 (bunk style), master bedroom for 2 and living room sofa bed. Most will have two bathrooms. Very limited, usually 1-2 per ship. Will need to book for 2007. I doubt any available for this year.

It might actually be cheaper to have 2 inside cabins across from one balcony cabin- more space and more bathrooms that way.

Lastly, yes for this kind of arrangments it's easier to use a TA. We cant really recommend any. I think we can mention http://www.*****.com, which will get bids fro mvarious TA's so you can get an idea of prices and cabins.

Good Luck!

Archived