Dining Program in Bermuda - Carriage House Restaurant?

Elcruzer

I read many recommendations for the Carriage House. Thinking of trying it on the dine around plan on the Crown, but am not sure how the plan works. Can you order anything on the menu or is there a set menu for this plan? Has anyone dined there recently and used the NCL dine around?

The Carriage House is a great restaurant. The food is excellent. They let you choose from their entire menu with the Dine Ashore program. I am looking forward to going back there in October. Hope you enjoy it!

We were there just last week and thoroughly enjoyed dining at Carriage House. The complete menu is available to choose from. Four of us totalled a food bill of $212.50 (including a 15% tip) of which $200.00 was covered by the certificates. Now the bar tab was different story since we were dining with Mister Tractor.:eek:

PE<---thinks Dine Ashore is an awesome option...

We have been to Bermuda in the past therefore, we know of the Carriage House. Is there any other restaurants that you have tried on the dine around program in Hamilton or the West End. We will be visiting Bermuda only for a short time on the Spirit and would like to eat lunch in Hamilton or West End.

Thanks

dothow

Is there any other restaurants that you have tried on the dine around program in Hamilton or the West End.

We were in Royal Naval Dockyard last month and had a wonderful lunch at "Freeport Seafood Restaurant" using lunch vouchers. There was a limited menu (make sure you tell them when being seated about the vouchers so that you receive the proper menu) but still nice choices.

Hope this helps

This is from the booklet we got last week. In Hamilton: Barracuda Grill,Bermuda Bistro, Hog Penny, M.R. Onions,The Pickled Onion,Tuscany. Royal Naval Dockyard: Freeport Seafood,Frog and Onion, Pirates Landing. Anything you want to know about a certain place. The booklet has sample menus but does not tell which places have a limited menu. In know Hog Penny, Frog and Onion, and Pirates landing do have a a set menu for when using the vouchers. And yes it is important to let your server know as soon as you are seated that you are using the NCL vouchers

We had a wonderful dinner at the Carriage House last Tuesday evening and used our Dine Around vouchers. As previous posters mentioned, you can order anything off their regular menu.

Since we already used our vouchers at the Carriage House, we ate lunch at our own expense at the Frog and Onion at King's Wharf last Thursday. However, if you're planning to use your vouchers there, they have a limited menu for the NCL Dine Around program. By they way, they have delicious burgers. :)

We ate lunch at our own expense at the Hog Penny. We had thought of eatting at the Carriage House on Tuesday but since that was the night of the street fair we decided on Thursday. You must have been on the Crown pianolady99. We were on the Majesy. The oldies group that played were on our cruise. Can't beat that dine a shore program. I am always amazed at the # of people who turn them in.

Usually the go that same week every year. This was their 8 or 9th year. Next year they are going on June 10 because a couple of them have kids graduating. They have been together for just over thiry years. They played a few times on the pool deck on this cruise. They have opened for several big name groups over the years.

We also dined this past Saturday at the Carriage House using the dinner vouchers and had an excellent meal. The seafood crepe appetizer and prime rib entree were outstanding. It was nice to be able to select anything off their regular menu; it was even nicer when we got the bill. Our total came to $102.05 (tip included) but it cost us only $2.05 plus the two $10 vouchers. Service was excellent and, if you dine al fresco the fish will entertain you by begging for handouts from your bread basket.

Thanks to all who responded. We're definitely dining at the Carriage House during our Jully 9 cruise on the Crown. Do they have a dress code for dinner, ie jackets for men, or is it casual?

...Now the bar tab was different story since we were dining with Mister Tractor.:eek: ...

Well now that explains it! :D :p :D

You guys must have had a blast! I hope Mr. and Mrs. Tractor are doing well. He's been pretty quiet of late and not posting much.

That dining ashore option sounds wonderful!

Neat casual. It's a good idea to stop in early in the day to make a dinner reservation; believe they open at 11. Located just a short walk from the ship. If the weather is nice, ask for a waterfront table.

I made reservations on line before we left. Claudia was quick to email me a confirmation. As far as dress we used the guidelines for dining on the ship. Did see a guy in there with shorts though.

Don't miss the afternoon tea at the Carriage House. It's a real treat. I had a nice pot of tea, four finger sandwiches which were delicious (especially the cucumber), a warm scone with clotted cream, and a pastry.

We have been to Bermuda in the past therefore, we know of the Carriage House. Is there any other restaurants that you have tried on the dine around program in Hamilton or the West End. We will be visiting Bermuda only for a short time on the Spirit and would like to eat lunch in Hamilton or West End.

Thanks

dothow

I just went there. There was a really good cafe about 2 blocks from Carriage House. Forgot the name, but it was really good and less expensive. It was 2 block walking away from the ship terminal. Same street. I also tried Portifino in Hamilton. It is an Italian restaruant. The pizza was very good.

Archived