Miami cruises and the NBA finals

SO I am cruising out of Miami on 6/18, and it just occurred to me that if the series goes to game 7, there might be a huge traffic issue around Miami for my cruise time.

Anyone know specific info about the game schedules, and if the port of Miami is anywhere near the Miami Heat home court?? Will I have problems with getting a cab on Sunday morning? I am staying at Marriott Biscayne Bay.

The reason I am worried is because the last cruise I took out of Miami was July 2003, just happened to fall on the day of Celia Cruz' funeral, which was right by the port-it took us over an hour to get there-so now I am afraid of my luck with Miami big events and traffic.

I am from LA, I only know about Lakers and Staple Center traffic, , so any help from Florida people is really appreciated.:D

Thanks.

Game 5 , if necessary, will be on the 18th in Miami. The arena is by the port but the game won't be until 9:00 pm eastern so there shouldn't be a problem with the cabs. Have fun!!!

GO MAVS!!!!

No game 5 it will be a Mavs sweep.

Thank you both for the info, I guess I will be ok getting a cab at 11:00am if the game isn't until 9:00pm-thanks again!! I hope my DH can see the game on the ship-otherwise he'll be pitching a fit!!:eek:

Oh, and not to be mean but, isn't Miami heavily favored to win?? Come on, it's Shaq, nobody beats Shaq....:eek: ;)

Thank you both for the info, I guess I will be ok getting a cab at 11:00am if the game isn't until 9:00pm-thanks again!! I hope my DH can see the game on the ship-otherwise he'll be pitching a fit!!:eek:

Oh, and not to be mean but, isn't Miami heavily favored to win?? Come on, it's Shaq, nobody beats Shaq....:eek: ;)

You know the owner of Carnival owns the Heat and you will be on a RCI ship:D Go Mavs.

You know the owner of Carnival owns the Heat and you will be on a RCI ship:D Go Mavs.

R U Serious?? I didn't know that. Ick!! Go Mavs!! Is the owner really the same? He didn't make enough money on ships, he needs basketball too?? He must be smart though, he got Shaq away from the stupid-a** Lakers-look where that decision got them.:mad:

If the owner of Carnival really does own the heat, go Mavs for sure!!:p

Archived