Caribbean Princess - Baja deck - How private?

I remember when we were on the Grand, I think we were on the Dolphin deck, those above us could look down on our deck. Didn't really care for that. Is the Baja deck open like that? Anyone have anything interesting to tell me about this ship overall? Looking to book 2/11/07.

Caribbean Princess is very much like Grand Princess, with a few key differences. In terms of cabins and balconies, it's the same except that Baja deck is more or less "repeated" to increase the passenger capacity. The balconies up there are quite small, with enough room for a couple chairs and a table, but otherwise are completely covered. Also, it's a smaller balcony cabin, not the minisuite you had if you were on Dolphin.

There are minisuites with covered balconies on Emerald deck.

that while the Baja balconies are completely covered from above, people from below (aka the Dolphin and Caribe decks) can look up and see you standing at the rail or through the glass of the railing so none of the balconies are totally private!

This is taken from the Riviera deck. The open decks below are Caribe and Dolphin with Dolphin being the most exposed. Baja is private like the Riviera but quieter. Aloha is right beneath us and Baja is next. You can't even see it from our balcony.

DSCN1260.jpg

Nothing is private, if you are on the Dolphin deck and look up you can see all the balconies. If you are in the open part on the Caribe deck you too can see all the balconies.

Yeah, I have something interesting: Your room & balcony are the most privacy you will get. Because the Crown is one of the SUPER Grand Class ships, the public pool and deck areas are always jammed during the peak periods of the day. Even when in port, it's difficult to get a lounger near a pool. So enjoy your deck as often as you can.

Next time I go on a ship the size of the Crown, I'm going to get a Mini-suite again, so I can have a lounger put on my deck and enjoy it all to myself - with no obnoxious person "reserving" a place by putting a book and towel on the lounger - then leaving for three hours!

The regular Grand Class ships like Sapphire and Diamond are much better - Same amount of deck space, but fewer pax.

Archived