What time to they let you board the ship? Also, question about ship coming back

stitch78

[quote name='hstrybuf']stitch, in your case, you got lucky. Very lucky. There were no delays of any kind, but you can't count on this happening every cruise. Rule of thumb about making flights is not to book before noon or 1 p.m. on your return. Obviously, you were the exception. This time.[/quote]

I know that, but seeing I already had a flight booked was a different story. And everyone acted like self debarkation either didn't exist or would not happen on time. I get on the boat and they say that self debarkation has to be over by 8:15 AM

[quote name='stitch78']I know that, but seeing I already had a flight booked was a different story. And everyone acted like self debarkation either didn't exist or would not happen on time. I get on the boat and they say that self debarkation has to be over by 8:15 AM[/quote]

If you believe that, I have some land to sell you with a wonderful view of the gulf.

Just get over the fact that you got some good advice about changing your flight but got extremly lucky by getting off the ship as early as you did. How bad would you be screaming and griping if you had kept the 9:30 flight and missed it because the ship was late, the bus had a flat, someone did not report to customs, someone decided to bring drugs back home and delayed you getting off.

[quote name='stitch78']I think a post I wrote got deleted, but to make a long story short, by listening to people, I changed my flight and ended up at the airport at 8:30 AM... mind you I changed the flight from a Miami flight to a Ft. Lauderdale flight and got to Ft. Lauderdale airport at 8:30 Am...taking Carnival shuttles , too. So we spent extra money for absolutely no reason. We were outside the cruise terminal by 7:30 - one of the first few off the ship. So if we had taken a cab we would had been to the airport in plenty of time because at that point it was before there was a lot of traffic going on.[/quote]

It's to bad your original complaint thread got deleted before you could read the responses. You pissed of a bunch of people including me.

You were lucky to get to the airport as early as you did. Quit whining!

[quote name='stitch78']I know that, but seeing I already had a flight booked was a different story. And everyone acted like self debarkation either didn't exist or would not happen on time. I get on the boat and they say that self debarkation has to be over by 8:15 AM[/quote]

Sorry, but that is a load. I know I personally said it twice (go back and read)... also, self assist had to be over by 8:15 on THAT cruise!! It is not always the same.. it is based on when CUSTOMS clears the ship. That could be 7AM, it could be 9AM... there is no "set" time for self assist... you got lucky and then you came back and lambasted everyone here for giving you their opinions and experiences. Had we told you to go for it and you missed your flight, you would have came back and done the exact same thing. YOU made the decision to listen to US... it is YOUR fault, NOT ours. If you are going to criticize the advice you get, then don't ask for it.

Perhaps you should complain to Carnival since they suggest not booking a flight before 1PM... and if you missed your flight, travel insurance wouldn't have helped you because you didn't follow that one guideline. We gave you good advice... regardless of what you think.

Even getting to the airport at 8:30, you had 15 minutes to get checked in... with the lines in Miami, that could have taken MUCH longer.

[quote name='LKYGSR']It's to bad your original complaint thread got deleted before you could read the responses. You pissed of a bunch of people including me.

You were lucky to get to the airport as early as you did. Quit whining![/quote]

I missed alot of the responses, but I sure did about 10 copies of the original post, LOL... I was out of town and will say that it provided quite a chuckle....

Stich,

I am on the SSII cruise in October. I will be doing Self Assist debarking like you. I have a choice of a 11:45 flight or a 3:30 flight home. I am taking the 3:30 flight for safety sake, however if I get to the airport early enough to change to the 11:45 flight, I will see about doing that. If there is room on the flight, sometimes thay will move you to that flight at no cost (Not always, but it has happened to me 3 times and has been nice).

You really need to be thankful that you got off the ship early. Sometimes good things like that happen.

I missed alot of the responses, but I sure did about 10 copies of the original post, LOL... I was out of town and will say that it provided quite a chuckle....

Hey, could you send me a copy?(LesleyMN @ Verizon . net) I was following the posts! I always would prefer to fly out later than earlier, just to be safe!

lol, everyone sent you copies?, those are greattt friends you have there, watching your back :D

LOL, everyone around here knew I would really enjoy that thread if I would have been around :D

Lesley, it's on it's way!

Stitch?

Your first flight was out of Miami at 930a, you changed your flight to Ft. Lauderdale for a fee but was able to get a later flight. You got to the airport at 8:30am at FLL in more than plenty enough time for your flight. IF you kept your 9:30AM leaving from Miami you may and probably would have still missed your flight. It was cheap insurance to change your flight...

Even after changing you posted on another thread asking if you made the right decision and it was affirmed that you did. Let it go.

A. You might get very, very, very lucky and make this flight.

B. It's far more likely that you'll miss the 9:30 flight.

C. If you miss the flight on which you're booked, you'll be sitting around the airport for hours to days waiting to stand by for another flight.

Up to you.

Archived