Just Back - NB Cruise/Carnival Spirit

TamaLee

Hi Folks -

A bunch of us CC'rs are back from our cruise. We all will try to post reviews and pictures as soon as we can, but also want to try to answer any questions you might have right now.

Please feel free to post and we'll try to get an answer back to you as quickly as we can.

So many questions!! We are on the June 28 NB sailing. How was embarkation in Vancouver? What time did you arrive, etc?

How was the food?

How was College Fjord?

Did you use Carnival transport in Whittier? We're going with Alaskan Leopard and wonder what time we can get off the ship.

Did you fish? If so did you catch anything.

I can't believe we're going in 2 and a half weeks.

Thanks for any info.

Hi Tamara

Thanks for starting this thread. I am in the process of writing my review and will post it this weekend.

How is your back T?

Mom23guys:

1. Food: Is purely opinionated but I found it all good except for the desserts which were bland to me.

2. College Fjord: Alaska is so majestic but College Fjord humbled me and made me speehless. It was so beautiful. We saw bears on the shore, sea lions and the glacier calving.

3. Transportation: We did the Whittier transport and it was a nice trip to Anchorage.

4. Fishing: Sorry did not do that.

Elizabeth

Did you bring back the Capers to share with us??? Can't wait for your reviews and pictures!!

I have the capers but cannot scan them if you have anything in particular you want me to look for just ask.

Elizabeth

SUGGESTION ON TRANSPORTATION FROM DEBARKATION TO ANCHORAGE , DON'T WAIT TILL LAST MINUTE TO BOOK.BEST TO BOOK EARLY OR ONLINE IF POSSIBLE TO GET THE BETTER EXCURSIONS.

CCL PROVIDES TRANSPORTATION BUT IT'S BEST TO BOOK AN EXCURSION FROM SHIP TO ANCHORAGE OR AIRPORT.

WE DID THE ANCHORAGE CITY TOUR BUT REALLY THOUGHT IT WAS OVERPRICED AND ACCIDENTALLY TOOK THE ONE WITH TRANSFER ON IT WHICH WE ALREADY HAD WITH CCL.

WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND THE YUKON WHITE PASS RAILWAY TOUR FOR SOME GREAT PHOTO SHOTS.

LOTS OF PEOPLE ASKING ABOUT THE ZIPLINE TOUR, CCL AND PEOPLE OFFERING THIS EXCURSION ARE STILL NEGOTIATING TERMS AND LIABILITY INSURANCE BEFORE ACTUALLY OFFERING IT.NOT AVAILABLE ON OUR PAST CRUISE.

FOOD WAS GREAT TO ME WITH 1 OR 2 EXCEPTIONS, DEPENDING ON YOUR TASTE BUDS.LIKE LIZABETH SAID DESSERTS WERE HIT AND MISS, BUT SURE DIDN'T RUIN THE CRUISE.

ENTERTAINMENT WAS VERY LACKING AS FOR AS NIGHT LIFE GOES ON THE SHIP. COOLS LOUNGE WAS OK FOR DANCING WHENEVER THERE WAS A SMALL GROUP IN THERE.MOST OF THE SHIP WAS SHUTTING DOWN BY 11 OR 12.

SHOWS WERE SLOW TO ME THE FIRST 2 NIGHTS BUT PICKED UP AS THE CRUISE WENT ON.THE FINAL 3 SHOWS WERE PRETTY GOOD BUT YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT MOST OF THE SONGS ARE BEING LIPPED SUNG. BUT GOOD ENTERTAINMENT TO FILL TIME.

SERVICE WAS REALLY GOOD WITH STAFF AND WORKERS ALWAYS GREETING YOU WITH A SMILE AND THOSE THAT WERE PARTICULAR SERVING YOU ALWAYS REMEMBERING YOUR NAME.

WILL LET LIZABETH POST HER REVIEW AND WILL ADD ANYTHING SHE MIGHT HAVE FORGOTTEN.:D ( OLD GAL SHE MIGHT BE LOSING HER MEMORY ):D

TAMALEE AND I DID REAL GOOD ON THE 3 CARD POKER TABLE AND YES THEY DO OFFER TEXAS HOLDEM TABLE.

BRING PLENTY OF MEMORY CHIPS AND BATTERIES FOR YOU 35 MM BUFFS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO BRING YOUR CHARGER IF YOUR DIGITAL HAS RECHARGEBLE BATTERY.

ONLY USED A HEAVY JACKET 1 DAY ON THIS CRUISE BESIDES THAT HAD ENOUGH WITH LONG SLEEVE SHIRT AND A WIND BREAKER.

IF YOU WANT TO EAT KING CRAB SUGGEST YOU TRY WINDMARK HOTEL IN SKAGWAY.REAL GOOD FLAVOR AND WAS VERY FRESH. CRAB SEASON OPENS JUNE 15 SO YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET SOME GOOD ONES.

AS MUCH AS YOU MIGHT WANT TO SUGGEST YOU MAKE IT AN EARLY NIGHT THE FIRST NIGHT, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAD A LONG FLIGHT , HAD A HARD TIME RESTING TO FIRST 2 NIGHTS BECAUSE I THOUGHT I COULD SHRUG IT OFF.

LIKE MY NEW FREINDS HAVE SAID ASK AWAY.:rolleyes:

Sorry Forgot About Time To Get Off Ship. We Arrived In Sitka At Midnight And They Started Letting People Off At 5:30 Am.

This Was Hadled Real Well As Far As I Was Concerned.

You Are Issued Colored Tags According To Your Time Flights Are And If You Have An Excursion They Bring You To The Pharoh Lounge And You Leave When They Call You For Your Excursion. We Had The Second To Last Excursion And Were Off By 8:30.

How was embarkation in Vancouver? We got to the pier around 10:00. We took a double decker bus tour offered by Greyline. It was $29 per person. They picked you up right outside of the pier area. It was a great way to see Vancouver if you have limited time. It's a two hour loop and was very good and worth th emoney. We finally got on the ship around 3:00. It took us about 30 minutes to get through security, customs and the Carnival check in.

How was the food? I would say it was regular cruise fare. The food we had in the Supper Club was wonderful. The scenery even better. We ate in the Supper Club on Sunday. It wasn't very busy and as I said the scenery was magnificant.

How was College Fjord? Incredible. Words can not describe how beautiful it was. This was really our only sunny day of the whole cruise.

Did you use Carnival transport in Whittier? We also used Alaskan Leopard Tours. We were one of the last groups off the ship. I want to say we got off around 9:30 and they were there to pick us up right on time at 9:45 or a little before. By this time most of the luggage is gone and it was very easy to find our bags. The tour was worth the money and was a lot of fun. It's a great way to end your cruise. One word of caution, they dropped us off at the wrong terminal at the airport so make sure they drop you off at the correct one.

Let me know if you have any more questions about this tour.

Did you fish? No fishing

I

Archived