Labadee

MsKatee

If your cruise includes Labadee (a Royal Caribbean owned beach or beaches) you will enjoy it immensley! Well I did anyway.

It's like a fantasy island or gilligan's island! Some people have said that it is crowded. Yes, in some areas, but there are different beaches there , you just have to go a little further. The beautiful palms on the beach, the crystal clear water, the gentle breezes. I loved it more than the other ports of call, and they were pretty good too. They had this Hatian drum/dance show. Very very interesting and entertaining. The barby was good, typical barby food and then there was the flea market. That was a very different experience. The prices were pretty good...you could haggle.

All in all, Labadee was the 'vacation' on my vacation. I had a hard time finding information on this port of call before the cruise but much to my delight it was great!

mskatee

• 2 weeks later...

I completely agree with your assessment of Labadee. It reminded me so much of other places I have been and lived, but all rolled into one. It was terrifically hot the day we were there, but somehow I didn't mind because I was enjoying myself so much.

We also really enjoy Coco Cay, but the rugged mountains that watch over Labadee added a special extra beauty top the scenery. We want to go back sometime, prewferably when it is cooler, but any time will be do.

For those of you who have been on both islands, which did you prefer? I have only been on Castaway Cay and really love it there! I will see Labadee in September and am really looking forward to it. :)

ive been to labadee twice, and will be returning in september, my first visit was spoiled by me booking an excursion so early in the morning, (kayaking), the hours of just paddling in a circle in the baking sun didnt do anything for us. By the time we got back to the island it was packed, and we wre in no mood to be patient and enjoy ourselves. On our second visit, it was the exact opposite, we took time to walk about, took advantage of the acitivities, rested in a quiet area, enjoyed the entertainment of the locals, then chilled with a beer. i cant wait to return

I noticed when we got off the boat and went to the island a few years ago that some of the guitar players in the little welcome group were missing strings on their guitars. What a shame! If you're a guitar player, save your old strings when you change them and give them to the band as a tip. They will be appreciated I will tell you.

Nice island, great beach, good BBQ. We loved it when we went in '02.

Several years back on the Legend of the Seas, both Labadee and CocoCay were on the itinerary. I prefer the private islands over the other crowded ports. I was so disappointed when the waters were so rough that they couldn't tender in at either island.

Archived