Price in specialty restaurants for children

yuckylucky

Does anyone know if NCL asks the same cover charge for children as they do for adults or do they pro-rate the charge by age (i.e. 2 & under: free, 3-9: 1/2 price, etc.)? I was looking on the NCL website and couldn't find anything about it. We are travelling with our daughter (who will turn 3 during the cruise) and we definitely want to eat at a couple of the specialty restaurants and wonder if we'd have to pay $15 for her at Le Bistro (for example). She eats like a bird and has a limited palate anyway.

If we have to pay, then we will just so we can still have dinner there. But I am curious to know if anyone has travelled with small children and dined in the restaurants. I did see a similar thread about dining with kids but I didn't want to transition the original topic to this! :)

Thanks for any help!

I think Shoreguy pretty well answered your question. As for experiences with kids in the specialty dining this depends on your life style. Some children are accustom to long, quiet, elegent meals. If this is the case she will do fine. If not, you may want to try the parents nights out at the kids club and enjoy a quiet meal by yourselves. Dinner normally lasts between 90 minutes and 2 hours, depending on the restaurant and the service. I don't think we have seen more than one or two kids under about 12 in any of the speicalty restaurants: I am not sure I have even seen a 3 year old in one. You will get lots of replies from parents who have taken their kids to Le Bistro I am sure.

NMNita

Thanks Shoreguy and NewMexicoNita!

We took her on her 1st cruise last summer and she did really really well in the dining room every night...and she was 2yrs. old then. There will definitely be a night or two we eat without her but I think she'd enjoy Bamboo for the fun of it and she loves fried rice. Le Bistro will probably be a dinner-for-two night! As two former waiters, we are not the parents that disrupt other diners with our child...UGH!!! But that's a whole different thread...and one that's been argued over for a long time on these boards! ;)

Looking forward to the NCL Dawn...1st NCL cruise for us...lots of mixed reviews on these boards so when I get back, I'll post whether or not it's our last! LOL...until then, keeping an open mind!

Archived