swimsuit opinion

jazzie67

Hi....would like some opinions on swim suit styles..I'm 5 ft and have always worn a 2-piece.....I have been looking at changing it up and trying a one piece or even a tankini....has anyone had much luck finding one of these that doesn't make a short person look even shorter???

Don't know where you live, but do you have a store called "Just Add Water"? I'm in Dallas and I loooove that store. The girls there are VERY good at helping you pick out the most flattering suits. They're not cheap suits, let me tell ya! But the last one I got there is really gorgeous and looks great on me. PLUS you have the added benefit of NOT seeing your same suit on every other woman at the pool or the lake! People will say "where did you GET that suit?" rather than "I saw that suit at Dillards, too!" That's gotta be worth something! ;)

Most one piece suits will make you look shorter. I would stay away from them all together. I vote for the two pc. The smaller two pc suit will make you look taller so remember the smaller the better! :D You might want to try

http://wickedweasel.com/

You will look at least 5'8"

Hey I need something to look at while im sitting at the pool bar sipping my beer!:D

Really, Just wear what ever you are comfortable in. Its not a fashion show. I dont think anyone will point and shout oh my god look at that girl in the 1 pc suit. You will see all types of suits from 2 pc to the one pc with the little skirt on the bottom. As long as you like the way you look thats all that matters....

I just returned from our cruise. Lots of women are wearing tankinis. They look good on most shapes. I really didn't see one I didn't like. They make sense. I still have a one piece. When it is wet, it is a pain!

• 2 weeks later...
Most one piece suits will make you look shorter. I would stay away from them all together. I vote for the two pc. The smaller two pc suit will make you look taller so remember the smaller the better! :D You might want to try

http://wickedweasel.com/

You will look at least 5'8"

Hey I need something to look at while im sitting at the pool bar sipping my beer!:D

Really, Just wear what ever you are comfortable in. Its not a fashion show. I dont think anyone will point and shout oh my god look at that girl in the 1 pc suit. You will see all types of suits from 2 pc to the one pc with the little skirt on the bottom. As long as you like the way you look thats all that matters....

The bikinis are gorgeous, as are the women, but belive me you don't want to see me in one of those.:D

I say, just wear your bikinis. I think that a one piece or even a tankini could make you look shorter. Wearing a bikini breaks up your torso to make you look a little taller. There are different styles of bikinis, so experiment and have fun with it.

I have about 10 bikinis and they all look different on me. I stick with the halter style tops, but vary the bottoms. Some have embellishments which is a lot of fun, too.

If you know that a style looks good on you and you feel good in it, I would say stick with it. For example, I need to stay with halter styles as I am a 34D and need the support which I would not get from a one piece or a tankini. (I have tried and it is not a pretty picture!:eek: )

Good luck and have fun bathing suit shopping!

RachelD~ Where do you find your 34d bikini tops? I've found a few online, but none in stores.

Jazzie67~ Why are you not wearing your 2 piece suits? I know for me as a mother of two my tummy is marked so I'm not super comfy having it on display. It is strong, but I just wear higher bikini bottoms. One piece suits can look sleek and sexy though. :) For me the tankini looks ridiculous, they seem to made for smallish chests, and woman with more curves in the hip than I. *sniff* They look really cute on some though! :)

What are your dimensions, curvy, athletic, voluptuous? What are you looking for in a suit?

Here are a couple of cute one piece suits...

I like this one because the seam lines would make you look long and lean. :D

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=UP-172399&page=1&cgname=OSSWMOPSZZZ&rfnbr=158

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/commerce/application/prodDisplay/?namespace=productDisplay&origin=onlineProductDisplay.jsp&event=display&prnbr=UP-193131&page=1&cgname=OSSWMOPSZZZ&rfnbr=158

http://www1.bloomingdales.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=69788&CategoryID=2064&PageID=2064*1*24*-1*-1*-1

http://www.bodybody.com/clcoonsw.html

Happy shopping!

~Rebecca

Thanks for the pictures. All of the suits are pretty. I'm still wearing bikinis....but I think I'm in that mind set (why?? I don't know) that I'm getting too old to wear a 2-piece. Being 5 ft tall I'm very hesitant about trying a one piece because I already feel like I look like a stump!! I have no waist! I'm not a huge shopper....I don't like to "sift" through clothing....do alot shopping on the web...

If you go to www.glamour.com you can create a model (like you use at the Lands End website too) with your dimensions and then you can "try on" bathing suits (and jeans) so that you can get an idea of styles to try. I did this with jeans a few years ago and got some GREAT ideas of styles to try that work well with my body shape.

RachelD~ Where do you find your 34d bikini tops? I've found a few online, but none in stores.

~Rebecca

I had the hardest time finding tops for my 34D chest. The only tops that I can wear are the halter type with the ties around the back and the neck. I buy a large size and with the ties I can adjust it around my ribcage.

Good luck!

Hi,

I'm a few inches taller, 5'4", and love the two peice with the swim skirt on the bottom. I like ones that are short (cut just at the bottom of my bottom) and they are very flattering. I have short legs, so one peices are out for me also. Calvin Klein makes really great swim skirts that go on over a regular two peice that I wear constantly. I wear a regular bikini top. It just works for me.. I feel like I'm getting a good tan, not trying to hide, but also not "Letting it all hang out."

Has anyone seen the WE Channel's "Swimsuit Secrets Revealed"? They pulled several women of all shapes and sizes off the beach and give them swimsuit makeovers. They offered a lot of tips for different body types. I've seen the show on several times over the last month so I think it will run all summer.

WE: WOMEN'S ENTERTAINMENT - Shows

I bought 3 bikinis from La Redoute (www.laredoute.com) because they had sexy bikinis with tops sold by bra size up to--something that fit me--36DD? Can't remember what the range is, I just know that it was bigger than Victoria's Secret. I have no problem buying stuff online as long as I can return it if it doesn't fit.

I bought 3 bikinis from La Redoute (www.laredoute.com) because they had sexy bikinis with tops sold by bra size up to--something that fit me--36DD? Can't remember what the range is, I just know that it was bigger than Victoria's Secret. I have no problem buying stuff online as long as I can return it if it doesn't fit.

Hoyaheel~

Thank you so much for this website! :D

~Rebecca

Hope you can find something cute there! I can personally vouch for their returns--easy, no hassle! The clothing may ship from France but the shipping costs are the same or less than other catalog companies in the US, and returns go to a US address.

tbirdjoni~~maybe I should have worded my question differently?? I'm short through the torso....I have no problem with being short...thought maybe someone out there would have a suggestion.....didn't mean to offend

Archived