from Nice to Ville france

Narita

We arrive at the Nice airport and need to get to Villefrance to board our ship, there are 4 of us with 2 weeks worth of luggage each. what do yu experienced travelers see as the way to get there and not break the bank? thanks

Well aren't you the lucky girl! Just go to myriviera@numericable.fr and tell Marie - Mrs. P (from California) - referred you.

Just used this service last month. New van - excellent driver - collected us exactly on time at the Monte Carlo harbor for transfer to Nice -- spoke English. You'll be glad.

We'll be back Nice to Ville franche in October to board Silver Wind and will use her service again.:D

Narita,

It is totally unnecesary to book to get yourself from the airport to Villefranche.

Just follow the taxi sign in the airport and take one of the mini-bus taxis that will be queing outside. I guess the fare will be around 60-70 euros for the four of you. If you absolutely want to book - just google Nice Airport and pre-book a mini-bus taxi at a fixed price. It's a 30 minute ride.

Jeff

UK1 is correct. We arrived on May 25th.and found a cab immediately to take us to the ship terminal at Villefranche where we dropped off our bags for Silver Wind which tendered. Cost, including tip 40 Euros.

We then met our friends at La Mere Germaine for a delightful lunch.

UK1 is correct. We arrived on May 25th.and found a cab immediately to take us to the ship terminal at Villefranche where we dropped off our bags for Silver Wind which tendered. Cost, including tip 40 Euros.

Corrected! I was pricing Sloop back to Nice which is of course St-Jean and that was 40 euros - I merely added 20 on!

It makes no sense to pre-book transfers particularly if a credit card is demanded. You can never predict arrival times and these guys don't always hang around and you end up wondering what to do. Monte-Carlo to Nice is different than the reverse as these guys demand what they can get. Nice Airport is always full of brand new taxis and 10% of them are vans. You just point.

The Nice Airport web site gives links to prices for all destinations.

Jeff

thanks everybody for the Nice airport to Ville france information. Should we choose to take the train down from Paris I will assume the information about waiting taxis and vans is the same? at the train station?

• 1 month later...

There are trains from Nice to Villefrance (you would need to check on the times they run though), the station at Villefrance is only a couple of hundred yards from the harbour, on a level road which runs around the sea front. There are some steps to negotiate from the station platform down to the seafront road below.

I don't know what the cost of a ticket would be, but it cost me about 6 euros for a day return from Nice station to Monte Carlo, back in March this year. I would guess the single fare would be about 2 to 3 Euro's each.

If you do still want to take a taxi from Nice station to Villefrance then as far as I remember there were plenty waiting outside the station entrance, I don't know what the cost would be though.

For anyone landing at Nice airport who isn't particularly rushed for time and wants to potentially save money; there is a bus from the airport to the railway station, it costs about 4 euro's each one way. Then you could hop on a train to Villefrance for a max of probably around 3 Euros each one-way. You would have to weigh up the total cost of all the fares for the party against what a taxi would cost though.

40 Euros for a taxi from the airport to Villefrance sounds a good price, it cost me 35 euros on a metered charge to the centre of Nice, mind the buses were on strike at the time.

PS Try the following link for train times:

http://plannerint.b-rail.be/bin/query.exe/en?L=profi&

Use Nice Ville for one station and Villefranche-Sur-Mer for the other one, depending on direction of travel. Choose the date and time of travel and you should get a list of possible trains you can catch.

Nice to Villefranche is about 6 minutes by train and there is only one other stop in between.

If the link doesn't work, copy and paste it into your browser and press go.

PPS: Monte Carlo to Nice Ville = about 20 minutes by train (Approximately 3 to 4 per hour), cost one way probably about 4 euros each. The the bus from the station to the airport (about 3 per hour) is another 4 euros each.

Of course taxis are more comfortable if you have a lot of luggage, and becomes less costly if there are more than one or two people. :)

• 2 months later...

Neviboy - please advise if La Mere Germaine is conveniently located for a quick drink while waiting to board the tenders. Booked on Silver Wind in two weeks and will have a scenic van transfer from overnight in Nice - driving through Eze and environs - arriving Villefranche Maritime tender port about 1 PM. Have read other recommendations Germaine is an excellent lunch -- anything you can provide will be appreciated - thanks in advance

Mrs. Mouse

Archived