Mystery celebrities onboard Inuagural

Hey everyone! just got back from the freedom inaugural today and im already experiancing cruise withdrawal! Anyways i was just wondering if any of the other inaugural cruisers figured out who the 2 mystery celebrities were that were sailed along with us all during the maiden voyage......I have heard so much specualtion and rumors so im wondering if there is any truth to this all i can say for sure is that one is african american and one was caucasion but for the life of me i couldnt figure out who they were...Does anyone out there know or is there no truth to the rumor of the 2 celebrities incognito onboard the inuagural...??

I'd be interested to know. I am going on the Aug. 4 Freedom sailing, and I know that there is a large group that is sailing Freedom that week (which is why the JS are all sold out) and there will be a few political types, celebrities/entertainers, etc., onboard with that group, some of whom will provide entertainment to members and perhaps open to non-members as well I'm hoping. (Five years ago Patti Label was on one of the Voyager-class ships with this same group, and she sang exactly one song one evening -- and she was not a happy camper about it either, as she was on board to speak about menopause, not to perform.) I'm curious to know who sailed on the inaugural last week so perhaps I can eliminate a few suspects...

I was on the ship last week for the maiden voyage and as far as I could tell, there were absolutely no celebrities on the ship. I really don't consider the President of RCCL a celebrity. As far as I am concerned, I am a consumer and I help pay his salary. Maiden voyage was a big disappointment.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care either, certainly not about Jessica Alba or Rachel McAdams. We purposely selected Aug. 4 because we knew this group would be sailing Freedom that week, and we know that the group usually invites politicos, business people, entertainers, etc., to address the group at some point during their week onboard. And sometimes they open those events up to non-members. They have had some pretty interesting people (Al Gore was onboard one year and spoke to the members) on previous cruises, so yeah, I'd like to hope that I'll get a freebie and hear someone of interest speak or perhaps hear a true musician/vocalist perform while at sea.

Ordinarily I wouldn't care either, certainly not about Jessica Alba or Rachel McAdams. We purposely selected Aug. 4 because we knew this group would be sailing Freedom that week, and we know that the group usually invites politicos, business people, entertainers, etc., to address the group at some point during their week onboard. And sometimes they open those events up to non-members. They have had some pretty interesting people (Al Gore was onboard one year and spoke to the members) on previous cruises, so yeah, I'd like to hope that I'll get a freebie and hear someone of interest speak or perhaps hear a true musician/vocalist perform while at sea.

Interesting and Al Gore in the same sentence.... that's interesting.;)

I knew I'd get the remarks about Al Gore.:D That would be pretty nifty though, and I'm sorry I missed him onboard a few years ago. Whatever your political persuasion he's a bright guy and I would have considered it a coup to hear him onboard, especially if they extend ab invite to non-members, which they have done in the past. This is why I'm curious about who will be onboard, not because I'm star struck. :rolleyes: There will be a few people there, but they're not saying.:(

I knew I'd get the remarks about Al Gore.:D That would be pretty nifty though, and I'm sorry I missed him onboard a few years ago. Whatever your political persuasion he's a bright guy and I would have considered it a coup to hear him onboard, especially if they extend ab invite to non-members, which they have done in the past. This is why I'm curious about who will be onboard, not because I'm star struck. :rolleyes: There will be a few people there, but they're not saying.:(

:D Hehe, I guess it will be their big secret. I don't really have anything against Al, just one weekend in Bethany Beach DE his presence there kind of messed up an evening at dinner in one particular restaurant. I guess that should be expected when around such protected people.

Enjoy your cruise.:)

Archived