Upgrade from a 1A?

mercedes355

I just booked my 2nd carnival cruise! I booked a 1A on the Ecstasy in November. My question is does anyone ever get upgraded from a 1A to a 4A? My first Carnival cruise on the Celebration, I booked a 1A guarantee and ended up with a 1A on the Riveria deck. This time I booked a cabin on the Empress deck. What are the chances of an upgrade?

If you just booked it at the end of June for a November cruise, I'd guess you have a fairly SLIGHT chance of an upgrade. I've had them come--but not too often when booking this late. Best chances of an upgrade on Carnival seem to come when you book well in advance--at least 9 months.

Also, if you booked a specific cabin, they won't upgrade you. Example: If you requested E125, you should get that cabin, even if there are upgrades available. But if you booked a 1A guarantee (or any level guarantee), you're more likely to be upgraded.

Good Luck!

Part of Beffy's response is incorrect. We booked a specific cabin for our cruise last Spring break and we were upgraded. I do think Beffy's right about being upgraded when you book early. I also agree that if you book a guarantee cabin that you are more likely to be upgraded. Wherever your cabin is I'm sure you will enjoy the cruise. The only time we spent quality time in our cabin was when we had a balcony. It was wonderful

Happy cruising,

Gayle

i booked a 1a and got a 4a cabin 4233 on the main deck of the spirit. it was a wonderful cabin. in the back of the ship so i did not notice any movement and it was at the end of the hall and no room near me on either side. it was so quiet and a great inside room. i hope you have good luck with your guarentee. dusty

I booked a 1A last March for an August cruise to Bermuda and I ended up in a Cat 8A Balcony.

Steve

Wow, that kind of upgrade is unheard of! How far in advance did you book??? :)

If you just booked it at the end of June for a November cruise, I'd guess you have a fairly SLIGHT chance of an upgrade. I've had them come--but not too often when booking this late. Best chances of an upgrade on Carnival seem to come when you book well in advance--at least 9 months.
I cruised the PRIDE in May. Purchased passage 6 days before the cruise. Requested a 1A, paid for a 1A.....got a 5A ! ! ;)

Depends on how many cabins are available, is my GUESS. Maybe all my past cruises with Carnival....I certainly don't know. :confused:

Perhaps, those rascally marketing people realized I usually only cruise inside and it was there intent to "spoil" me away from insiders. Its certainly working ! :D

Archived