Radisson at Port Canaveral

The Socialite

My boyfriend and I are taking out first cruise in August and we are driving into Port Canaveral from Birmingham, AL a day early. We have booked a room at the Radisson at the Port. Has anyone stayed there? If so, how did you like it?

I stayed there afew years ago,

I thought it was nice......

I'll be there in Sept for cruise.......

Are you going to leave your car parked there??

I did that last time and plan to in Sept......

HAVE A GREAT CRUISE............

We stayed there last July for 2 nights and were very pleased with everything. The pool was very nice, there was a tiki bar for drinks by the pool. We had breakfast which was included with our stay but ate our other meals at other restaurants. The room was fine. We had a minor problem with the sink and they repaired it immediately.

We left our van in their parking and had no problems. We also used their shuttle to the port and had no problems. We would stay there again.

I made a reservation for the night before our cruise (7/7). We plan on leaving our car there too and am wondering if we need to make reservations for the shuttle early....I want to be able to board as early as possible so I don't want to be sitting so close to the ship and not able to get on a shuttle. Any advice on that?

I made a reservation for the night before our cruise (7/7). We plan on leaving our car there too and am wondering if we need to make reservations for the shuttle early....I want to be able to board as early as possible so I don't want to be sitting so close to the ship and not able to get on a shuttle. Any advice on that?

BTW, the Radisson is a recommended hotel by the Disney Cruise Lines on their website.

We stayed there in April and it was nice.........

As for the shuttle.......first one leaves at 11:30am..........call the hotel and have them put you on the list for the first shuttle. Only about a 5 minute drive to the pier..........you should be on the ship by noon or shortly after that........

I made our reservations for the first shuttle out in the morning....now I just want to verify with those of you that have stayed at the Radisson that parking is free for the duration of your cruise, as long as you stay at the Radisson... I know that there is a "cruise special" rate, but that rate includes breakfast for 2 (there are 4 of us in a room) and is about $40 more expensive than the rate we got.

The shuttle there is fine. Getting back is a problem. We waited 1hr 15 min and even after numerous calls to the hotel a shuttle never came to the terminal for Fantasy passengers. There were about 20 waiting and we all paid for other transportation back to the hotel.

We also encountered problems with the free shuttle last year when we cruised on Fantasy. We were scheduled on the 1130 (first) shuttle to the ship and larger vans kept pulling up to take the RCL passengers to their ship so we asked the guy handling it. He gave us a load of BS about how it should be back any minute (it was already 11:45 at this point). He gave us multiple excuses while continuing to board the other ships's shuttles. About 12:15 the smaller van finally came back and took us. One thing he told us was that since there weren't as many of us they were using their regular van but that it was "stuck in traffic". What traffic?:confused: It took us 5 minutes to get to the pier. And when we returned we stood there for over 30 minutes waiting for a van to pick us up and we called the hotel twice before one finally showed up which wasn't big enough for those that were waiting. It was a real pain. We are staying at the Radisson again this year before our Glory cruise but we're driving ourselves and parking there. Paying for parking doesn't bother me and we can go earlier since the first shuttle is about 1/2 hour earlier than we want to go anyway. That all said, we enjoyed the hotel, tiki bar, pool and breakfast.

This past Feb we stayed at the Radisson At The Port prior to our Glory cruise. The hotel itself was fine, rooms were clean. But we also had an issue with the shuttle service. The first shuttle we could get was after 1:00 (we were a group of 11) We decided to just call a cab and we were transported to the port for $10. with tip. Its just less of a hassle. We left the hotel about 11:30 & were on board no later than 12:30. :)

I think if you dont mind spending the $10 go for the cab service.

We just got from our cruise & stayed at the Radisson the night before. It has a nice pool area, Tiki bar & had live music. The hotel is very clean with nice rooms. We had the 10:00 shuttle, left around 10:30 & was on the ship for 11:30. We were off the ship around 8:30, was picked up by the shuttle shortly after & was in our car on the road for 9:00.

I could not believe how fast & easy that was. I would recommend this hotel to everyone from the experience our family had.

Yes, we made a reservation that includes the parking while we are on the cruise.

It would be a good idea to make a note, say 2 weeks before your cruise, to call the hotel & put your name down for your shuttle. That way you should be lucky enough to get the first shuttle out.

They told us they didn't start running shuttles till 11:30. JnK, How'd you get a 10:00? They're bringing cruisers back at that time but not transporting to the ships because it's too early. We want to be at the ship at 11:00 (I mistakenly said the shuttle was 1/2 earlier, I meant later, in my previous post). We have a cat 11 suite again so we have priority boarding. Even though we didn't leave the Radisson til after 12, we were onboard at 12:30 according to my photo. The Tiki bar was great. The bartender (a woman whose name I don't remember) was very friendly and made someone a drink called a parrot's tail. It involves layers of different liquers (frozen) and it looked good. A guy wanted it on the rocks so it didn't exactly look right, but then she made a frozen one for someone. We sat there till we had dinner. There was a large group that sat out by the pool til late and they sounded like they were having a great time:D

We just booked this hotel for our one-day pre and post-cruise stays (sailing on Mariner of the Seas - family cruise). Can anyone tell us if there is a grocery/conveniece store within walking distance for snacks/beer/wine, etc?

Thanks for all of the info!

We just booked this hotel for our one-day pre and post-cruise stays (sailing on Mariner of the Seas - family cruise). Can anyone tell us if there is a grocery/conveniece store within walking distance for snacks/beer/wine, etc?

Thanks for all of the info!

THERE IS A PUBLIX GROCERY ABOUT TWO OR THREE MILES......

COCOA BEACH..........

They told us they didn't start running shuttles till 11:30. JnK, How'd you get a 10:00? They're bringing cruisers back at that time but not transporting to the ships because it's too early. We want to be at the ship at 11:00 (I mistakenly said the shuttle was 1/2 earlier, I meant later, in my previous post).........

I called about 10 days before our cruise & was asked what time I wanted & was told the earliest shuttle was 10:00 running to the Sensation, so naturally I took the earliest time offered. As we were checking in, someone checking in also was offered a 10:00 shuttle time for the Sensation. The first 10:00 shuttle took people to the Disney ship, then the next shuttle took people to the Sensation.

We will be staying at this hotel before we sail out on June 29h. I found a great coupon for $99, on hotelcoupons.com---choose Florida then Cape or Port Canaveral (I can't remember which city it says) and then print off the coupon. When I called, I booked two rooms at the coupon rate, reserved the 10:30 shuttle (she said that was the first one) and that the parking was free! Hope this works as planned......

We will be staying at this hotel before we sail out on June 29h. I found a great coupon for $99, on hotelcoupons.com---choose Florida then Cape or Port Canaveral (I can't remember which city it says) and then print off the coupon. When I called, I booked two rooms at the coupon rate, reserved the 10:30 shuttle (she said that was the first one) and that the parking was free! Hope this works as planned......

I think you did good with the coupons. Very reasonable rate. The breakfast that is offered is very good. You may want to check it out.

Have a wonderful cruise. :D

We stayed their in May and if was a very nice hotel. The pool area was very clean and enjoyable. Make sure you utilize your time at the Radisson. We ate dinner at Fishlips down at the port. The shuttles fill up quickly and there are two that leave from the hotel. Very organized.

Archived