Zuiderdam/ new bedding and tv???

minner80

I believe the beds/bedding has been upgraded but the TV's will be replaced at a later date....at least that's what the CD on the Volendam said during a Q&A session on our last cruise. Something about the TV's...old style....were still too new to be replaced. They don't need a major dry or wet dock to go in and install the flat screens. I haven't seen a special schedule but would guess that they have a "drop dead" date for replacing all the sets and probably would put in a flat screen if the existing TV failed before their target date.

I'd agree, the new beds are wonderful. We're not much into hanging around in the cabin and watching TV so that's not a big issue to us. Yes, the new flat screen in our cabin on the Volendam was nice and certainly had a good picture. We do turn the TV on once in awhile while getting ready for dinner but mostly as "background noise" or to keep one of entertained while the other is in the bathroom.

The LG flatscreen TV's make a fairly big difference IMHO - leaves much more room on the desk for - um, doing desk things like writing or working on a laptop - you don't feel hemmed in by that monstrous TV tube.

I sure hope Zuiderdam and Oosterdam get them soon!

(...and donate the old ones to an orphanage or hospice in Mexico or something.)

We were on the Zuiderdam a few months ago and the beds were SO great. The new bedding made it difficult to get up each day but so far the same old TVs were in the room. There was so much to do and we were in and out so much we only watched for the schedules and the day it was too stormy to go ashore. We're going again in February so maybe the flat screens will be installed by then.

margretha

Archived