The Crown was Sold? Per Forbes

This should get people going. So according to Forbes, the Crown was sold the day before it hit the reef. It may be moot. Hmmmmmmmm

Link:

http://www.forbes.com/business/feeds/afx/2006/06/05/afx2792486.html

AFX News Limited

Hong Kong-listed Star Cruises to sell Norwegian Crown vessel for 110 mln usd

06.05.2006, 06:43 AM

.boxIDhead { background-color: #336699; color: #ffffff; font-weight: bold; padding:2px;}.boxIDborder { border:1px solid #003366;}.boxIDbordercolor { background-color: #336699;}.boxIDrow { background-color: #ffffff;}.boxIDrow1 { background-color: #ffffff;}.boxIDrow2 { background-color: #efefef;}.boxIDrule { background-color: #cccccc;}.boxIDspace { background-color: #ffffff;}Most Popular VideosThe Perfect Pitch The Most Expensive Home In America Writing On The Wall Vehicles Loaded With Value Joining The Circuit

spacer_white.gifspacer_white.gifHONG KONG (XFN-ASIA) - Star Cruises Ltd said it has entered into a memorandum of agreement (MOA) with Fred Olsen Cruise Lines Pte Ltd Singapore to dispose of the vessel Norwegian Crown for 110 mln usd.

The company said the disposal of the vessel is in line with the group's long-term strategy of upgrading and expanding its fleet for continuing business development, by replacing older vessels with newly acquired or constructed bigger vessels.

The company is expected to raise proceeds of 15-17 mln usd from the sale, which it said it plans to use for repayment of the existing mortgage on the vessels and for general working capital purposes.

(1 usd = 7.8 hkd)

roby.lau@xfn.com

rl/net

NCL made the formal announcement of this on May 25th ( see NCL news at NCL.com ). This news was on these boards at least three weeks prior to that.

Now you are just trying to stir things up. I hope this thread just goes away or in the least is poofed. Because it is pure and simple antagonism.

PE

Oh but the conspiracy theorists would have a great time with the timing. I have to wonder if this is why the crew seemed to have a don't care attitude and the restaurant was half staffed?

This is nonsense as usual. NCL is bringing on at least two new ships which will need to be crewed and the Crown is going to be with NCL through 2007. The only one here with a conspiracy theory is you newbe. Is your name Oliver Stone?

The Crown isn't my favorite ship. Its poorly set up for freestyle and it was clear for a couple of years that it was going to go. Nonetheless I am sure it was a let down to a loyal crew that has been on it. I hope NCL does a smaller ship for Bermuda so it can continue to go to the inner ports.

This is nonsense as usual. NCL is bringing on at least two new ships which will need to be crewed and the Crown is going to be with NCL through 2007. The only one here with a conspiracy theory is you newbe. Is your name Oliver Stone?

The Crown isn't my favorite ship. Its poorly set up for freestyle and it was clear for a couple of years that it was going to go. Nonetheless I am sure it was a let down to a loyal crew that has been on it. I hope NCL does a smaller ship for Bermuda so it can continue to go to the inner ports.

It is the full moon, Sid...........the full moon:rolleyes:

Archived