Caribe Deck

Macwoman

Why are the cabins on the caribe deck more expensive then the other balcony cabins. We are looking for 8/7th on the crown princess and the caribe deck is MUCH higher then the balconies on the dolphin deck. Why is that???

Barbara

Why are the cabins on the caribe deck more expensive then the other balcony cabins. We are looking for 8/7th on the crown princess and the caribe deck is MUCH higher then the balconies on the dolphin deck. Why is that???

Barbara

We booked a BB on Caribe due to the larger balconies and the fact that are half covered (so I learned from the folks on this site).

On all cruiselines--the higher you go the more it costs.

People want the higher decks to be closer to the food and pools. Supply and demand.. but like caviagal-- I booked a BB on the aft for the bigger balcony from posters on here.

Barbara

Hmmm. I find that highly unusual. The outside Caribe deck cabins are mostly balcony oceanview cabins while the majority of outside Dolphin deck cabins are minisuites. The Dolphin deck cabins should be much more expensive.

I also booked a balcony cabin, Caribe deck, Cat BB on the CB because I figured out from these boards that the Caribe deck has the largest balconies and standard balcony cabins. I also love the partially covered balcony, I am a sun worshipper, but my DH is not. I actually called Princess and they told me my cabin, C259 is 271 sq. ft, with about 190 sq.ft cabin and 81 Sq. Ft. balcony. They gave me the exact measurements. I know some of the standard balcony cabins are only 233 sq. ft. So I paid a few $ more for the Caribe deck.

All of the outside cabins on Dolphin are Cat A minisuites (except the 2 aft BB balcony cabins.) All of the outside cabins on Caribe are BA or BB (except the aft suites.) So, yeah...it would stand to reason that (generally) Caribe deck cabins would be cheaper than Dolphin, and I see why the OP would question the reverse of that.

But....the only place I can see where that's not the case is that AE ($1999/waitlisted) is cheaper than BA ($2199) or BB ($2149.) Maybe there is a glitch with whatever booking engine she's using??

Archived