Distance from Ft. Lauderdale airport to Freedom Miami port???

We are flying in to Ft. Lauderdale, arriving at 1:30pm. We have to then get to Miami's port for the Freedom of the Seas, leaving at 5pm. How long will it take us via taxi and what can we expect to pay? I hope we didn't make a mistake booking these airline tickets, but they were MUCH cheaper!

Can you take the RCC shuttle if you fly into Ft. Lauderdale a day before your cruise (because you want a night in Miami)? Then take it back on the day you disembark?

Is the $22 per person RT or just one way?

THANKS, Peggy Norwood MA

Can you take the RCC shuttle if you fly into Ft. Lauderdale a day before your cruise (because you want a night in Miami)? Then take it back on the day you disembark?

Is the $22 per person RT or just one way?

THANKS, Peggy Norwood MA

Are you asking will they shuttle you to a hotel the day you arrive? Probably not. They will however take you to the airport the day you arrive back in port.

I phoned Ft. Lauderdale airport transportation desk ahead of time and was told that there is a shuttle that goes to the Miami pier frequently and costs $18. I went right out the airport door and told the dispatcher where I wanted to go and in just a few minutes the shuttle arrived and took about 30 minutes to get to the pier.

This service does NOT take you back to the FLL airport. Only RCCL buses take you back and I paid in advance through the Guest Relations Dept. Cost is $20. It is a bit slower because they wait until they fill up a bus, but I had a lot of time to kill.

I was told that a taxi from FLL to the pier would cost about $65. I booked into FLL for the same reason you did....much cheaper, but it worked out fine.

Ruth

The RCCL shuttle from Ft. Lauderdale airport is now $50.00/person RT. We just checked last month - our TA double checked with them because the cost had risen so much from the last time she had dealth with them. They claimed it was because of the price of gas. The RCCL shuttle runs until 2:30 PM - at least this is what we were told.

Why don't you try larryslimo.com? We used them from Ft. Lauderdale to Miami and back for our Easter week cruise and everything went perfectly. We were a group of 9 with tons of luggage and the total cost (each way) was only about $110 which included the tip. Check out their website and you can give them a call to get more information. Also, if you're not already doing so, maybe you should consider flying down a day in advance. It will be much less stressful and you can board the ship feeling well rested.

Thanks TheWog. I take it you have to make reservations ahead of time, however, correct?

Peggy

You can or you can go to the pursers desk while on your cruise and they will take your money and make the reservation for you as well. That way you can wait to decide.

In February eight of us arrived a day before our cruise. We flew into Miami. The following week we were flying out of Ft. Lauderdale. I made arrangements with alianzatransportation.com over the internet about 2 weeks prior. A great driver by the name of Julio picked us up at Miami Airport and took us to our hotel, then picked us up the next morning and took us to the port then was there to meet us the following week to take us to FLL Airport. The price was really reasonable, in fact, he said we gave him too much money, but we appreciated his promptness and gave him a larger tip than he expected. The phone number for Alianza is 954-347-5005 and Julio's cell number is 305-753-5352. I would recommend you ask for him or call him directly on his cell. I am sure he will help you out.

Anyways, have a great cruise.

depending on the time of day but it should take about 40 to 45 minutes...in traffic about 10 minutes longer...highly unlikely to be done in 30 minutes unless your doing this around 2am...i have made this trek a number of times on pre-nites becuase it is cheaper to fly into laduerdale then miami...rccl has picked us up in laduerdale and actually taken us to our hotel...but that maybe becuase we booked the pre-nite hotel with rccl and not on our own...

Archived