Wedding question... Please help

Izzie

OK, my boyfriend poped the question last week :eek: and we already have a cruise set up for January and I started thinking how cool it would be to actually get married on the honeymoon. We are cruising to Jamaca, Grand Cayman & Cozumel. Has anyone out there gotten married in Cozumel? And if so, where do you start making the plans. I have no idea where to begin. :confused:

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

OK, my boyfriend poped the question last week :eek: and we already have a cruise set up for January and I started thinking how cool it would be to actually get married on the honeymoon. We are cruising to Jamaca, Grand Cayman & Cozumel. Has anyone out there gotten married in Cozumel? And if so, where do you start making the plans. I have no idea where to begin. :confused:

I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have.

Look under special interest cruising-there may be something there and also check ports of call. I do know of another cruise message board that has cruise weddings as a topic but I don't think I am allowed to mention the name of the board-but if you google it-you may find it on your own.

I do know caviergal is planning a wedding on a cruise this fall but she is getting married in Key west-but she may have some helpful info-look for her posts.

Please be aware that there are times when the ship will miss a port, GC and Cozumel being 2 at which this happens due to weather. I would suggest that you get married on the ship rather than an island just in case you don't get to your wedding! I have read here on CC about that very thing happening!

Last year a mom went crazy because she had planned her daughter's wedding for Cozumel. They were arriving on a ship just for the day. She thought she was okay because it was outside of hurricane season. Well, Hurricane Wilma came about 2 months before the wedding, destroyed the beach where the wedding was going to be held. She went bezerk trying to rearrange things but nothing could turn out right for her.

Destination weddings are great but please be prepared if your plans change due to weather or mechanical problems. If you really want a destination wedding, it really is best to fly there and not take a cruise there.

Congrats Izzie,

I got married in Miami, FL on Carnival Triumph. We had a great time, everything was perfect. We had family & friends that sailed with us and hardly saw them the entire time. Let me know what you decide to do.

Most people get married before the honeymoon. :D

Well if I was going to get married on a cruise ship I would pikc the day the ship embarks-that way hopefully you do not have to worry abotu hurricanes etc. changing your ittineary and possibly where you plan to marry.

but many people do get married at ports while on a cruise-so I guess they are honeymooning before their wedding.

Well if I was going to get married on a cruise ship I would pikc the day the ship embarks-that way hopefully you do not have to worry abotu hurricanes etc. changing your ittineary and possibly where you plan to marry.

but many people do get married at ports while on a cruise-so I guess they are honeymooning before their wedding.

I agree that it's a safer bet to get married at the port of enbarkation. Some lines - Princess for one - have an onboard chapel and the Captain officiates. I think that would be a good choice as well.

Re combining the wedding with the honeymoon: I am keeping them separate as I want my family with me for the wedding but prefer some privacy on our honeymoon:).

You are taking huge chance by planning a wedding in a port of call. There are soooooo many things that can go wrong that would ruin all your plans. While bad weather can be one reason, think about the couple who planned on getting married in Seattle during their cruise to Alaska. The ship had major engine troubles and had to cancel the stop in Seattle, and there they were, a couple expecting to get married, all their guests in Seattle, and no bride and groom. Best to get married either before you leave, or get married right on the ship. I don't think you want to spend tons of money only to have your plans canceled. And, Grand Cayman and Cozumel are the most missed ports of any. And as for Jamaica, not even close to being a favorite in terms of ports. If you ask, most people would say they could forever cancel Jamaica as a port of call.

I agree that it's a safer bet to get married at the port of enbarkation. Some lines - Princess for one - have an onboard chapel and the Captain officiates. I think that would be a good choice as well.

Re combining the wedding with the honeymoon: I am keeping them separate as I want my family with me for the wedding but prefer some privacy on our honeymoon:).

I didn't mean any offense caviergal-I was remarking on someone else's post earlier on this thread.

If you want a "hoot"- read that thread of "questions about eastern caribbean! " The OP of that thread is honeymooning there but does not want to go there via cruiseship and is kind of pissed at his fiance. I beleive the honeymoon is her choice- as he also said he would prefer to go backpacking and camping.

I told him to relax- he will have a good time, after all it is his honeymoon! and he replied back it was just a vacation to him as him as his SA have been living together for 5 years.

I had to laugh at that-I would love for HER to read that thread. I have a feeling she would be calling off that wedding if she has any sense.

Doesn't he sound like a real "keeper"?

I didn't mean any offense caviergal-I was remarking on someone else's post earlier on this thread.

If you want a "hoot"- read that thread of "questions about eastern caribbean! " The OP of that thread is honeymooning there but does not want to go there via cruiseship and is kind of pissed at his fiance. I beleive the honeymoon is her choice- as he also said he would prefer to go backpacking and camping.

I told him to relax- he will have a good time, after all it is his honeymoon! and he replied back it was just a vacation to him as him as his SA have been living together for 5 years.

I had to laugh at that-I would love for HER to read that thread. I have a feeling she would be calling off that wedding if she has any sense.

Doesn't he sound like a real "keeper"?

momofmeg, no offense taken :). I would not want to have along a bunch of guests on my honeymoon personally.

Re the other post, not off to a great start, are they:confused::D

Archived