Cab fair from Port of Miami to Ft Lauderdale

NewCop26

Has anyone taken a cab from the Port of Miami Royal Carribean terminal to the Ft. Laudedale Airport? There will be two of us traveling and I didn't know if it is cheaper than the $25/person bus trip. Thanks for any info...:)

Brandon

What we have done a couple of times now is take a cab(20.00$) to the tri-rail station at the Miami airport. Then for 3 or 4 dollars take the tri-rail train to FLL. I have done it with a family of 4. Its really no big deal. The train runs about every hour. Just do a web search for tri-rail. We have showed up before alot of people that took cabs or the bus and got stuck in Miami traffic.

tri-rail.com may be cheap but it is far from being convenient-- theydo not run every hour.. but every 2 hours-- sometimes more

You still have a taxi cost to get from the end of the line to where you are going.. soa family of 4 just copuld have got a transportation door to door for about the same cost.

It works for some..just not all-- Be aware of all the stuff involved with the transportation.

We used www.larryslimo.com for 6 adults and it costs 33.00 round trip for a stretch limo for us.

For a family of 2-- that may be too much of a ride.

one way-- try the share ride outside FLL -- it costs 18.00 one way per person. You might be making a lot of stops enroute. So factor in the time.

www.floridalimo.com for further information

a cab is a regular cab- figure 2-3 people. MOSTLY figure the luggage. I can only guess that is will be quite cramped with a family of 4 plus luggage.

Vans can hold 5-6 people plus luggage.

He didnt ask door to door. I said cab fare 20.00. Then tri rail 16.00$ It takes you to FLL. Total cost for 4 is 36.00$ That beats 33.00$ a head by a long shot. But feel free to show me the added extra cost that i am missing. I just also said the cheapest. It does work for alot of people.

Cab fare from Port of Miami to FLL is $76.90 plus $1 per person fuel surcharge.

I'd take a pass on the Tri-Rail, just too unreliable. It's not uncommon to sit on the train for a couple of hours due to mechanical failure, signal problems, or freight trains using the right of way. :rolleyes:

80.00$ Not uncommon to sit in traffic with a traffic gridlock. I could rent a car for 1/3 of that. But I dont like throwing money away. But like I have said before some people are to good to be caught on mass transit.

• 6 years later...
Has anyone taken a cab from the Port of Miami Royal Carribean terminal to the Ft. Laudedale Airport? There will be two of us traveling and I didn't know if it is cheaper than the $25/person bus trip. Thanks for any info...:)

Brandon

We did it back in 2006 and it was $85.00 with tip back then. We had a 9:45 flight and made it with plenty of time to spare. It was December 23rd and any other flight would have cost us $300 more so had incentive along with getting to DTW so we could Christmas shop on the way to our daughters.

Edited by donnaw

From POM to FLL airport takes about 40 minutes and your options are:

• A taxi will run $85+ :eek:

• QLS transportation (www.qualitylimoservice.com ), SAS (www.ridesas.com) and Go Airport Shuttle (http://goairportshuttle.com/) are FLL based shuttle services with prices starting at $15 per person.
  • Larry's Limos has been suggested on these boards for Miami service - probably comparable to taxi fares, but hopefully a much nicer ride.
  • You could rent a car - Avis, Dollar and Hertz have locations in downtown Miami or you can shuttle to MIA for National, Alamo and Thrifty, but unless you are staying an extra day or more or have a very late flight the hassle is not worth it.

Good luck! :)

• 1 year later...

I just got a quote that the taxi rate from Port of Miami to FLL is $100.00.

I am checking Larry's Limo and LS Limo for prices now. I checked United Shuttle service and their rate one way from Port of Miami to a hotel in FLL was $69 one way for the 3 of us.

I am checking Larry's Limo and LS Limo for prices now. I checked United Shuttle service and their rate one way from Port of Miami to a hotel in FLL was $69 one way for the 3 of us.

The original post was from 8 years ago. And the more recent posts are from 2 years ago. But thanks anyways for the info.

What were the other quotes. I need to do this for two people the opposite direction. Thanks.

What were the other quotes. I need to do this for two people the opposite direction. Thanks.

Shared shuttle service from FLL to POM is available from many suppliers for about $15 per person; same fare applies from POM back to FLL after your cruise. A taxi should cost about $75-85+ on the meter.

Check with SAS (www.ridesas.com), Go Airport Shuttle, QLS (quality limo service), MJS and others mentioned on these boards every day.

• 10 months later...

I just got back from Carnival Victory's 5-day Bahamas. Before I left, I reviewed this old thread and was glad it was still here.

I used Miami Port Express to get from POM to FLL and it was only 13$ per person. The driver was kind of a lunatic, but we got where we were going in time and in one piece. I'd do it again!

• 1 year later...