Cruise Directors

byondthesea

In 10 cruises, I coudn't tell you who any of the cruise directors were! We don't do any shipboard activities that involve the CD and do not have any contact with them except to see her or him on the TV doing the dembarkation talk, etc. How good or bad one is doesn't seem to influence the great times we have on our cruises.

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

I would normally feel the same as you ... but, if you take a cruise with a lot of sea days, then you might want to participate in some activities onboard. But, sure ... if it's a standard Caribbean or Alaska itinerary ... generally seven days in length with maybe five ports ... you're probably not even gonna know who the cruise director is ... because you won't be doing a whole lot of organized activities onboard. But believe me ... when I did my 30-day Hawaii/South Pacific cruise ... with something like 18 days at sea ... it was nice to have a cruise director and his staff who made sure there was a lot going on around the ship to keep us all happy and occupied.

Blue skies ...

--rita

Cruise staffs seem to mingle less and less with guests. Used to be an intergral part of their job was socializing but is less so now. That being the case, sure.....fewer people will actually get to know them at all. It is more up to the guest than it used to be if one wishes to meet/chat/socialize with cruise staff.

Of course, if you don't wish to......fine. No problem. ;) :)

Archived