CruiseQuick Insurance

palermo22

We have booked our Alaskan Cruise through CruiseQuick - just wondering if anyone has used the insurance that they offer.

Would appreciate quick replys as we have to make a decision in the next few days.

Thanks

We bought the insurance thru cruisequick for our 3 day cruise in April. We didn't have to use it so I can't tell you how they would be service wise. It was only $66 for both of us and was cheaper than what I could get thru the insuremytrip web site that I usually use. Regardless of where you buy the insurance, be sure & read all the fine print.

Before you buy this product from CruiseQuick, do some extensive research. CruiseQuick has only been selling a product from this company for a few months. Before that, they sold a product from another company. Both of these companies were located in Crossville, TN.
Cruise Protection packages are not necessarily insurance, and labeling them as something else may allow them to escape surveillance by state insurance regulation agencies. Check with your state, to determine if the company selling the product is licensed to sell insurance in your state, and also check to determine if CruiseQuick is licensed to sell the product. Check on who the company uses as an underwriter. Ask them for references concerning people who have had occasion to collect on their product, and call them to determine if they were satisfied.
In my opinion, there are too many good products out there which have a track record, to make a choice be dictated by a somewhat lower price. Try insuremycruise.com, to compare. I've purchased a "travel protection package" once, and the results weren't good. I'd be happy to tell you why if you'll contact me directly.

Hi - I won't ask which company you didn't like - but perhaps you can tell me which ones you did.

Thanks

PS Perhaps it's naive on my part; however, I would not think a big company like CruiseQuick would be promoting an inferior product.

In regard to your comment on CruiseQuick, that's what I thought, too. My naivete cost me six months of my time, phone calls too numerous to mention, many dollars of postage, signature guarantee fees, etc. In the end, I got paid in full, but saving a few dollars initially wasn't worth the frustration. In defense of CruiseQuick, they've dropped the company whose "product" I purchased, but they've replaced the company with another company located in the same very small town in Tennessee, a company which also calls their product "travel protection". Check this link before you buy:

[url]http://www.ticked.com/chriscrossings/2004/persist.htm[/url]

Do your homework. It will be worth it, if you need to file a claim.

I like TravelGuard, CSA, and Trip Insured, but many other reputable companies are out there. Check insuremytrip.com.

I take the advice of Clark Howard (consumer advocate...ClarkHoward.com) and never. ever get travel insurance from the same place you book the cruise...whether that be a cruiseline or a travel agent. Always use a 3rd party for insurance. His take on it is that the travel company will have their own interest at heart, denying claims, etc. and you could get left in the dust. So we use Travelguard...never have had to use it but it is a reputable company not associated with our travel on-line site nor the cruiseline.

Archived