How long until I get my RCCL visa coupons?

I ordered the points as soon as my last statement came in (right around 6/1). The person on the phone said I would receive them in 5 days, which has passed and I haven't. I am getting nervous about the turn-around time, as we have about one month until the cruise...any experience with this.

P.S. I wanted to order the points further in advance, but our TA forgot to put our final payment through to RCCL right away and we needed those Royal bonus points to put our points to the next level!

"Points" ? :confused:

"Next Level" ?:confused:

"Coupons" ? :confused:

What are you all talking about? I have an RCCL Visa but I wasnt aware that you could get coupons with it? And what exactly does "using your points to get to the next level" mean?

Sas80, Points: one for every dollar spend, 2 for spending on RCC on your Visa card.

When you have 5000 you can request a certificate and send it in for 50 dollar onboard credit. You can also save up for cruises and different items.

Check the RCC side and you find all the information on RCC visa cards.

I just ordered mine and received it within a week. Be careful, I thought

the letter was a solicitation for a credit card and almost tore it up

before opening it. So, keep an eye out for an envelop from MBNA.

I just ordered mine and received it within a week. Be careful, I thought

the letter was a solicitation for a credit card and almost tore it up

before opening it. So, keep an eye out for an envelop from MBNA.

Ditto!!

Also for future reference, you don't have to wait for your statement. Watch you account online. Once it closes for the month you can call to deduct the points to get the certificate.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Sas80, Points: one for every dollar spend, 2 for spending on RCC on your Visa card.

When you have 5000 you can request a certificate and send it in for 50 dollar onboard credit. You can also save up for cruises and different items.

Check the RCC side and you find all the information on RCC visa cards.

I am a new TA and am wondering if I can use this as well, or do I have to book exclusively through them?

• 3 weeks later...

As an aside I just got off the phone with a delightful person at Royal Rewards. She indicated to me to contact MBNA and request the certificates and also get the numbers for each certificate. Once I have these numbers I am to contact Royal Rewards and give them each certificate number. They will apply the on-board credit and when the certificates arrive I am to mail them in. Has anyone else done it this way?

I'm sailing in November. I've managed to get to the 5,000 point level and will probably make it to 10,000 points before sailing but not the 15,000 point level. Can I order two $50 coupons at the same time? Or, would it be better to order a $50 coupon now and then when I get another 5,000 points, order another coupon? I won't be saving up the points for another cruise.

Thanks for your help!

As someone already stated, you can get the numbers when you call MBNA for the certificates. I did that last year when I booked and then sent the voucher as soon as I got it, which was in about a week. Have a great cruise!

I'm sailing in November. I've managed to get to the 5,000 point level and will probably make it to 10,000 points before sailing but not the 15,000 point level. Can I order two $50 coupons at the same time? Or, would it be better to order a $50 coupon now and then when I get another 5,000 points, order another coupon? I won't be saving up the points for another cruise.

Thanks for your help!

You can order 2 coupons at the same time. Just make sure you ask for 2 5,000 point coupons, not 1 10,000 point coupon. Also, since the coupons can be used for things other than the $50 onboard credit, I've found that the MBNA folks understand it better if you ask for the 5,000 point coupon, rather than the $50 credit coupon.

I've been told by the MBNA rep that they mail all the coupons out on Tuesdays. Therefore, if you order it on Wednesday, it will be mailed from their clearing house the following Tuesday, therefore taking 10 days or more to reach you. But if you order it on a Monday, it will be mailed on Tuesday the very next day, so you will probably get it in the 5 days you were quoted! When the program originally started, they would quote 5-6 WEEKS! People were panicing that they wouldn't get them in time. My personal experience is it has never taken more that 2 weeks.

Once you order the coupon, they must be redeemed within 6 months or they are void. So don't order them too early!

Archived