Is this appropriate casual attire or only for lounging around pool areas?

During the day, can I walk around in this outfit or can I only wear around the pool?

Ofcourse! Now to go into the lido restuarant you would want more covering-like a pareo. But for the pool area, you will be covered more then most.

The outfit is okay for daytime. However, depending on your ship, they may not let you into the formal dining room for lunch - though anyplace else would be fine. Also, some ships serve tea in the dining room or lounge and prefer a "no shorts" policy there too.

...you look like the girl in the picture, you can wear the outfit anywhere...!!

It is appropriate for pool, sea days etc...(all kidding aside)

On certain cruise lines...it's also formal night!!

Very cute outfit!

I would feel comfortable wearing it around the pool, to play mini-golf, or off the ship for an active excursion -- anywhere on deck. I would not wear it into the dining room at any time of day; in fact, I don't think it'd be approriate for any "indoor" activities on the ship. I might wear it into the buffet if I were going in to grab a plate and go back outside; I would not sit down inside the Windjammer to eat in what's obviously a cover-up.

I agree with Mrs. Pete and thechandlers99. Age would play into the picture. I will add, I was surprised, but shouldn't have been, how little people wore to the Windjammer even with posting cover-ups should be worn.

Archived