Price increase for cruise - normal?

jvajzp

I was looking at the cost of the cruise we will be on in August and noticed that the price has gone up. Is that normal? I was hoping that it would go down and we would get an OBC. I thought I read somewhere that the price normally goes down as you approach the sail date. Does it usually mean that it is probably clost to being a full ship? Just curious. Thanks!

We booked our med cruise 11 months in advance. By the final payment date the price had almost doubled. Sometimes it goes down and sometimes it goes up.

I think it's interesting that everyone calls and asked for a refund/credit when the price goes down, but there doesn't seem to be anyone calling to offer to pay the difference when the price goes up. :)

Would you:confused:

No, but I also don't ask the grocer for a refund if peaches go on sale the week after I buy them, or BMW for a credit if my car goes on special a couple months after I buy/lease it, or the builder if they lower the prices of the remaining houses to sell out the development.

No, but I also don't ask the grocer for a refund if peaches go on sale the week after I buy them, or BMW for a credit if my car goes on special a couple months after I buy/lease it, or the builder if they lower the prices of the remaining houses to sell out the development.

:confused: Are you saying that you don't take advantage of price reductions if they occur on your sailing? :eek:

You would if that was what the grocer or BMW promised to you before you bought - which is exactly what Carnival PVPs and TAs do, because it is industry practice.

Our builder lowered the prices on our development after our phase. We grouped together and had a meeting with the developer. And guess what he sent us all a nice big fat check:)

Guest YesitDonna

Many stores offer to pay the difference if what you bought goes on sale at their store or any other within the month of your purcahse, this is no different.

I was tracking the prices since I booked our 4-Day Inspiration cruise on July 13. It was the Military rate for the 4E Guarantee. (Have since been assigned to a 6B). All prices include the taxes/fees for 2 people:

May 10 - $862.00

May 15 - $822.00

May 23 - $722.00

June 1 - $662.00

June 7 - $782.00

June 12 - $842.00

Now the 4E is not available but a 4D is now - $1062.00

It does drop quite a bit and then goes back up as it gets closer to sail date. I am pleased that I talked them into a free snorkel trip with Blue Angel divers ($35 each) and a $140.00 ship credit. And they upgraded us to a 6B which is now priced at $1102.00.

If I were to wait until now, 29 days out, to book I would be paying $450.00 more for the same package that I got on May 10th.... Hard to gauge exactly when to book the trip for the best bargain, fortunately this one worked out in our favor.

Keep watching, it may change to your favor.

You still can't get a SIMPLE answer from some people. No need to be rude if you have an answer to a question just answer it!

I actually keep all my receipts and some stores do honor the price of others even after you've purchased the item, just by the receipt.

Therefore, quit being negative because some people question whether there are normal changes in prices. I too received $200 off my cruise by using what I've gained from this board to even know to do that.

Thanks for all of the positive posters out there helping us newbies! :)

I appreciate all the responses! And, I suppose since I own a very used Jeep Grand Cherokee and cannot afford to own a BMW - I am looking for all the discounts/refunds/credits I can get!!:)

Our builder lowered the prices on our development after our phase. We grouped together and had a meeting with the developer. And guess what he sent us all a nice big fat check:)

That was a good thing or else he could have had a big lawsuit on his hands and he would've had to pay out more. Good for him though because it saved you the hassle.

Archived