Kids cruising the Caribe in the fall.

Destiny of the seas

:) When do the kids in America during the fall have a break from schools, and when is peak season for families in the fall cruising the Caribbean, (Dates would be appreciated) and also when is spring break during 2007. Thankyou.

There's really no way to give you a solid answer as different school districts and regions of the country have their breaks at different times. Some schools are on a "traditional" schedule with school starting in August or September and then taking a break for a few days or as much as a week for Thanksgiving. Most schools are out for a few weeks over the Christmas holidays. Some schools are "year round" schools, meaning they don't have a long break over the summer like the traditional schedule. Children attending year round, typically take two- or three-week breaks three or four times a year.

As far as spring break, again, different districts and regions of the country break at different times. It's typically in March or April.

And after all that explanation, I'm sure there are other options depending upon how the schools in different regions and districts schedule.

midimarv is absolutely correct. My daughter's school year runs from August 1 - May 31. Breaks are:

3rd week in September

the week of Thanksgiving

2 weeks at Christmas

President's week in February

"spring break" first week of April

We were told if you want to avoid the Spring Break crowd, don't book in March or early April.

You can typically judge by watching the prices. It is more expensive to travel during prime time.

Kids in the midwest have things very different then the east coast kids. No October week off (there's only one day for teacher conferences), only two days for Thanksgiving, usually only 10 days at Christmas (what public schools get off "a few weeks" at Christmas????) and then one week off during Easter week. We don't get but one day off in January for mid semester break and maybe a half day off teacher meetings in February, no President's week off anywhere around here----that seems to be mainly an east coast thing.

West coast schools generally start the day after Labor Day.

In Oregon we take 2 days off for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas, and the last full week in March for spring break. Washington state is usually pretty close to the same dates.

I guess you will get all different answers across the USA. In Arizona my kids get a 2 week fall break (Last of Sept./first of Oct.) 3 weeks at Christmas (last 2 Dec./first. Jan.)2 week spring( second and third week March) and a six week summer (third week of June-end of July). Kids here don't need much of a summer break because the temperature is too hot to do anything.

You can typically judge by watching the prices. It is more expensive to travel during prime time.
You hit the nail on the head--if the price is lower for a given week, then it's not peak season and likely fewer kids because they are mostly still in school.

It varies so much from region to region. Here in Nebraska most schools start in mid-to late August (the start dates keep getting earlier and earlier) and end a week or so before Memorial Day. The ending date is often influenced by how many 'snow days' were needed. We generally have a one or two day break at the end of Oct. for Teachers Convention, two days at Thanksgiviing and 10 days to two weeks at Christmas, depending on when Christmas and New Years fall in the week. Spring break is usually two or three days, hardly ever a week, and often occurs in late Feb., around President's Day. Easter break is two or three days. There may be an occasional day off here and there for teacher's work days or other holidays, such as Labor Day. We pay for our longer summer break with less vacation during the year. Colleges and some high schools, especially in the cities, may have longer spring breaks, usually in March.

Yep--if the price is lower, demand is lower, which usually means fewer kids.

We are in MA. school breaks 2 dys thanksgiving,7-10 dys christmas depening were fall,pres. week feb off and april vacation falls around the week of the Boston Marthon...around here dont even think of changing the feb vaction and many parents complain when we go back before labour day....other regions seem to have some schedules that are more family friendly or weather friendly

:confused: :confused: :confused: Hi to you all who helped on this thread, but to be honest i am none the wiser, when prime time weeks for cruising in the Caribb, are in the fall, but maybe looks like it might be end of October and 1st week of september and then again for thanksgiving in November.

Hopefully i will get prime time week to book again on the Freedom of the Seas.:)

:confused: :confused: :confused: Hi to you all who helped on this thread, but to be honest i am none the wiser...

That's kind of what we were trying to tell you...schools in different regions of the U.S. have different schedules for their breaks. I think those who suggested you look at pricing to get an idea gave you good advice.

Good luck choosing a cruise!

I had to go find our children's school's calendar, just out of curiosity. ;)

I'm in the South (Northern Mississippi), and most schools around here begin the first full week of August and end the last week (or next to the last week) in May. Most private schools have a four to five day weekend for fall break toward the beginning of October. Christmas breaks used to be for two full weeks, but beginning last year, the trend has been to shorten them to about ten days or so. Then, some schools have a Winter break that runs around President's Day weekend, a full week of Spring Break in mid-March, and a long weekend around Easter.

(Now, I am off to price some cruises during some of our school holidays to see if I can find any prices that work within our budget.)

Archived