Oceania cruise in April 07, question to ya'll

tannie

We are cruising Oceania for the first time next Spring. We've been on other lines (HAL, Celebrity, Norwegian & Royal Carribean). After reading about the "bumping" that happened to another cruiser, I became concerned. We are buying the cruise separate from air. I've got cruise insurance but how can we protect the air portion of the trip. Does this "bumping" often occur? It's never happened to us and this is our 25th wedding anniversary celebration so I want to ensure its success! Thanks for you help. Tannie

We are cruising Oceania for the first time next Spring. We've been on other lines (HAL, Celebrity, Norwegian & Royal Carribean). After reading about the "bumping" that happened to another cruiser, I became concerned. We are buying the cruise separate from air. I've got cruise insurance but how can we protect the air portion of the trip. Does this "bumping" often occur? It's never happened to us and this is our 25th wedding anniversary celebration so I want to ensure its success! Thanks for you help. Tannie

You can purchase air insurance too:rolleyes:

From all the hubbub the last few days it appears that you are probably safe... if you really, really want to stay on a given cruise you (almost) certainly will.

I'm booked on the same cruise as you and if it comes down to an oversold situation, I'd probably be willing to make a deal and get bumped to a cruise in the Summer.

That said, I fully expect to be sailing on April 8. Looks like a great cruise, the weather should be nice for tromping around Pompeii and Rome and we'll be avoiding some of the crowds.

We are buying the cruise separate from air. I've got cruise insurance but how can we protect the air portion of the trip. Does this "bumping" often occur? Tannie

Is Ya'll similar to Y'all?

We always purchase separate air insurance - quite reasonable, and it gives us more peace of mind. Bumping is quite rare on Oceania, and from all of the recent publicity, one can assume that it will not only be even more rare, but if an oversold situation exists, attractive offers will be made to those with confirmed cabins.

Mike

Archived