E to D1 Aft?

Been looking for a better cabin for my Aug Mariner cruise. In an 3 triple with the pullman bed. Found a D1 aft on deck 10, but it's $400 more. Is it worth it? I was surprised they wouldn't honor the $199 kid rate for an upgrade- they are now charging him $349. The difference in the E-1 to D-1 is only $150 each. I like the fact that you have the bigger balcony. It definitely has lounge chairs right? That's a big deal for me as I like to read quietly and the pool isn't the best place for doing that. How much sun do the afts on deck 10 get? Also I prefer the ds on a sofa bed v. over my head in a pullman. Also the E is on deck 6, aft is on deck 10. We've never been higher than 6.

Been looking for a better cabin for my Aug Mariner cruise. In an 3 triple with the pullman bed. Found a D1 aft on deck 10, but it's $400 more. Is it worth it? I was surprised they wouldn't honor the $199 kid rate for an upgrade- they are now charging him $349. The difference in the E-1 to D-1 is only $150 each. I like the fact that you have the bigger balcony. It definitely has lounge chairs right? That's a big deal for me as I like to read quietly and the pool isn't the best place for doing that. How much sun do the afts on deck 10 get? Also I prefer the ds on a sofa bed v. over my head in a pullman. Also the E is on deck 6, aft is on deck 10. We've never been higher than 6.

You didnt say what the room number was...!

We just had 1390 on the Mariner. We had 2 lounge chairs and 2 sitting chairs with one small table.

I agree with you about reading and relaxing out there as it is quiet. I am going to bring a kiddie blow up pool next cruise (we have an aft again). The balcony IS big enough for all that furniture and a pool. I figure I can get the room steward to help me fill it via ice buckets and have somewhere to cool down during the day.

There is morning shade and afternoon sun and the evenings are OH SO pleasant!

Our friends brought Uno and we sat and had some drinks and played on deck.

Yes, a sofa bed pull out.

You will love it!

You didnt say what the room number was...!

We just had 1390 on the Mariner. We had 2 lounge chairs and 2 sitting chairs with one small table.

I agree with you about reading and relaxing out there as it is quiet. I am going to bring a kiddie blow up pool next cruise (we have an aft again). The balcony IS big enough for all that furniture and a pool. I figure I can get the room steward to help me fill it via ice buckets and have somewhere to cool down during the day.

There is morning shade and afternoon sun and the evenings are OH SO pleasant!

Our friends brought Uno and we sat and had some drinks and played on deck.

Yes, a sofa bed pull out.

You will love it!

We booked 1390 for the first time. Exployer 11/2007 We love the size of the balcony. Hope it's not to rocky.

We booked 1390 for the first time. Exployer 11/2007 We love the size of the balcony. Hope it's not to rocky.

Congrats Mimi! Are you going to do the carryon thing like on the Radiance? I had 8690 aft on the Marnier and it wasn't rocky at all. It's a hike to the elevator though.:)

If the rest of the ship is rocking, then 1390 will be rocking as well. Otherwise, you have nothing to worry about.

The one thing we did notice was a soothing vibration-y feeling whenwe got into bed. NOTHING to be concerned about! We could not feel it unless we were in bed and it didnt interfere with our sleep at all.

You will LOVE it!

I think you will be very happy with the upgrade...I happen to think that there is quite a bit of difference in the interior of the two cabins and with three that difference makes well....a big difference. Sofa is longer...more storage at vanity....more room between bed and wall. And, with an aft cabin, your balcony will be much....much...nicer. Definitely, go with the D! Deb

Archived