lose promo when you try to upgrade

Booked with the $199 3/4 rate. Now that some better cabins are available I would like to upgrade, but they are telling me that not only will I have to pay the difference in cabin price (which I expected) but would no longer be eligible for the promo. That's not very nice. What gives with that?

The same thing happened with our friends who had booked air thru RCCL to Hawaii. Their inside cabin booking had apparently a promo air price and when they tried to upgrade to a balcony cabin 3-months before the sailing, they wouldn't allow them too without also paying a much higher price for their air...

Booked with the $199 3/4 rate. Now that some better cabins are available I would like to upgrade, but they are telling me that not only will I have to pay the difference in cabin price (which I expected) but would no longer be eligible for the promo. That's not very nice. What gives with that?

You have to understand that RCCL is in the business to make money. They are not a charity.

So, I have no chance at all to upgrade, without losing promo? What if they have other cabins left over? What about at the pier? Seems strange to me. I was always told if they didn't have cabin availability when I booked that you could waitlist another cabin category, but I didn't think you'd lose whatever deal you booked with. After all, it's an RCI promo, not an airlines or travel agency deal.

It's kind of like going to Safeway and gettting Hersery Bars "Buy one at regular price get one half off" then during the next weeks sale they have Dove Bars on sale so you want to exchange one Hersery for the Dove and keep the 1/2 price Hersery bar.

Anytime you change categories you have to pay the going rate of the cabin. I am sure you wouldn't mind if it was now 3/4 free or would you ask for your original deal of $199 each.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Archived