Radiance, Cabin 1100 question

Hello Everyone!

It has been such a pleasure learning from everyone here. Now my finance and I have a question.

We just returned from the Radiance in Alaska in a exceptional aft-facing balcony cabin 9258. We had such a great time that we booked a southbound sailing on the Radiance for next year....our official honeymoon.

Jim wanted ONLY an aft-facing cabin and decided on a Junior Suite. We have cabin 1604 reserved because our Loyalty Ambassador said 1100 (with the SPECTACULAR wrap-around balcony) was a noisy cabin.

I know this cabin is next to the stairs and there was indeed "luggage transfer noise" the last night of the sailing. Both cabins would have the same opportunity for "Jammer" noise one deck below the Windjammer.

My question.....is the possibility of noise worth the risk for that great balcony?

We LIVED on our balcony when the ship was at sea and visited our neighbors 9246 big balcony (actually have that cabin waitlisted.)

I'm leaning toward taking the risk with the noise but Jim asked that I post here and get your valued comments.

Thanks for your help!

Cathy

The Loyalty Ambassador doesn't know what he/she is talking about. 1100 is a fantastic cabin, with a wonderful balcony, and I would book it every cruise if I could! On our cruise, the luggage came up & down the stairs forward of the cabin, and we heard nothing from the stairs to the side. As for Windjammer noise, we never heard anything from above, either in 1100 or 1604 on Brilliance in the Med. I would grab it in a heartbeat.

Here are some pictures to whet your appetite:

http://community.webshots.com/album/548908218rSJtnN

Ditto on how great 1100 is...our favorite cabin. Noise is definitely not a real issue. We noticed on one or two occasions (10 and 11 night cruises), very early, the sound of chairs and tables being moved around above...we assumed they were cleaning the outdoor deck area. Also, if you are in port, during lunch hour, and out on the balcony, you can hear

"chatter" while people are eating lunch. While at sea, the sound of the wake (sigh..lovely ) drowns out the lunch crowd noise. Of course at night...no noise as that area is unoccupied. It was just a non issue for us. The hallway is very quiet...no traffic and the door is tucked off the main corridor. If you have a chance to book 1100, grab it!

The balcony will definitely make you live out there...we did for sure. Favorite time was early evening leaving port...great views.

Oh for Pity Sake---the Loyalty Ambassador. Who knows, maybe he/she was wanting to hold 1100 for more than two people.....

By all means grab and enjoy 1100---a fabulous stateroom.

Happy Honeymoon!

Leslie

Archived