Arrival Time at the New York Port

I can't believe we are leaving tomorrow on the Carnival Victory. We live 2 hours from New York and are driving in.

What time do you think we should arrive if we want to get there as early as possible but hope to board when we do get there? Carnival tells us to get there no earlier than 1:30pm but I think that is way too late!

(I did try a search for this answer but my search function doesn't seem to work.)

Thanks all you CC members. I may not have posted much but I read and learned a lot from everyone!

• 1 month later...

I am agreeing with everyone else, 11:00am seems to be a good time. We have done that in the past with good results, we got on the ship around 12:10 and had lunch and went exploring! As soon as you get on, the vacation begins. We are leaving for the Victory next Thurs. and will be taking the train in from New Haven. then a taxi to the pier. Have a great trip!:D

Since we live 30 minutes from Manhattan by car, we decided to drive b/c it's actually cheaper to park than to pay a taxi.

We are planning on leaving our house at 10:30 and getting to the port around 11:00.

We are anxious to start our child-free (for the first time in almost 6 years) vacation!

I am agreeing with everyone else, 11:00am seems to be a good time. We have done that in the past with good results, we got on the ship around 12:10 and had lunch and went exploring! As soon as you get on, the vacation begins. We are leaving for the Victory next Thurs. and will be taking the train in from New Haven. then a taxi to the pier. Have a great trip!:D

Take good care of her since we will be leaving on the next sailing (August 7th). Enjoy!:)

(we get to the ship by subway!!!)

So for those of you who have cruised out of New York this summer how is embarkation going? About what time do they start?

Our arrival time of 11:30am was perfect. We would have arrived around 10:45am but the problem was the traffic getting to the port during the last mile of our journey.

Check how many ships will be in on the day you leave because there were three ships in port and tons of traffic.

I would never hesitate to plan to get to the ship 2-4 hours before they tell you to arrive.

ENJOY!

Archived