suggestions for greece tours?

Mom and i are taking a tour of greece(Mykonos/Athens/Rhodes and Croatia)Can anyone suggest what cruise tours to take in these spots so we dont miss anything?We re into history and shopping so these would be first. We want to see asmuch as we can as well in the allotted time...thanks somuch for any help

I guess you cannot walk 2 feet in Greece without running into some history and shopping !! I would start out getting some travel books from the library and checking on the tours offered by the cruise line.

They are the best sources of what's what on each island. Pay attention to what strenuous walking is required as some islands are pure torture if stairs bother you (as they do me)

Researching, planning and anticipating are half the fun for me.

Enjoy, MaryAnn

We were in Mykonos in October. We found it to be a "shopping stop" rather than a tourist stop. It is very easy to get around Mykonos and we didn't even bother to book a tour, based upon other people who had been there. We walked from the dock area (I believe there may be a shuttle bus) and just wandered around the little alleyways. They are like mazes, you just keep walking through all the narrow walkways where you will find all kinds of stores. You can rent moped and head for the beach area but it was windy the day we were there. We had lunch at an nice outdoor restaurant w/ views of the water. The restaurant was at the foot of where you walk up to the windmill area.

You and your mother may just enjoy walking about then finding a nice restaurant and enjoy the views. Bring bottles of water w/ you as you will get thirsty walking about!

Have a great cruise.

Archived