October in the Caribbean: women's formal Q

Cerinda

We usually cruise in springtime, and to tropical (or near tropical) destinations, but this year we’ll be cruising to the Caribbean in October.

I usually wear “evening separates” for formal nights –flowing trousers, bare silk tops, strappy heels, jewelry. I’ve never taken my favorite black tie outfit –a perfectly tailored, very feminine tuxedo—because I thought it would seem too winterish and feel too warm.

So, does the Caribbean feel “fallish” in October? Are the men wearing black dinner jackets or white ones?

We usually cruise in springtime, and to tropical (or near tropical) destinations, but this year we’ll be cruising to the Caribbean in October.

I usually wear “evening separates” for formal nights –flowing trousers, bare silk tops, strappy heels, jewelry. I’ve never taken my favorite black tie outfit –a perfectly tailored, very feminine tuxedo—because I thought it would seem too winterish and feel too warm.

So, does the Caribbean feel “fallish” in October? Are the men wearing black dinner jackets or white ones?

I absolutely love women's tuxedos but you would be too hot in it in the caribbean in October. It is still very hot in the Caribbean in October with high humidity.

I agree with the previous posters, while it is always too cool for me in the dining room; the weather in the Carribean in the fall is still quite warm. If you bring the tuxedo, be prepared to remove the jacket if you need to.

Archived