Confused about my cabin on Destiny, please help

My TA told us that we are booked in cabin 9179 on the Destiny on 8/6/06. There are 4 of us (me, DH, DS and DS). I was told that this cabin is a quad, but when I went on the Carnival website it only shows the symbol for 1 upper bunk. Does this mean that there is also a sofabed? It wasn't marked as such on the website. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know if this is a good cabin? It is on the Lido deck, so I'm hoping it won't be too noisy. This is the first time we've been on this ship.

Thank you in advance for the help.

My TA told us that we are booked in cabin 9179 on the Destiny on 8/6/06. There are 4 of us (me, DH, DS and DS). I was told that this cabin is a quad, but when I went on the Carnival website it only shows the symbol for 1 upper bunk. Does this mean that there is also a sofabed? It wasn't marked as such on the website. Does anyone know? Also, does anyone know if this is a good cabin? It is on the Lido deck, so I'm hoping it won't be too noisy. This is the first time we've been on this ship.

Thank you in advance for the help.

All the standard balcony cabins down the side of the ship have sofa's that covert to a bed. You will have 2 twin beds which can be converted to a queen, the sofa which converts to a single and the upper berth.

Have a great cruise!

Spark - we are in that very cabin on the Destiny in a little over 14 hours from now. I was assured that there is 2 twins that can be put together, an upper bunk and one roll away. There is also a couch in that room. There are 4 of us in that room this week. i will let you know how cramped we are or not.

Karlyn8

YST--not all sofas convert.

the sofa in this cabin is not a convertible one. its the size of a small love seat. If you need 4 beds a roll away will be put in place for you during the night.

a cabin that is a true quad will have a square.

the sofa in this cabin is not a convertible one. its the size of a small love seat. If you need 4 beds a roll away will be put in place for you during the night.

Same here, our sofa did not convert either.

Thankyou for the correction.

Does anyone know if 9179 has a sofa? I hope so. I'm a little disappointed with my TA for not informing me of the rollaway situation. My husband is concerned that it will be very cramped. Anytime we've traveled with the children we've taken a suite, but the only way we could swing this well needed vacation was to go for the balcony cabin. How cramped will it be with the rollaway? Do they take it back out during the day? If so, how long is it in the room? I'm just worried that with all 4 of us getting ready in the morning and before dinner, that we'll be on top of each other. I know it's vacation (yahoo!) and we'll make the best of it, but it will help to be prepared.

Thanks again.

your cabin does have a sofa-- its a love seat type that does not convert. When is your cruise? did you book this cabin or was it assigned?

If you booked it directly see if there is a cabin that holds 4 beds.

(checked your sailing and its almost sold out. you are kinda stuck with the rollaway)

We had a rollaway.- we slept 5 to an inside cabin. THe roll away is taken down during the day--so it might be in the way of gettting ready in the morning. It wont be there for dinner.

After the first night we took the rollaway down-- and juse used the mattress on the floor. that way we just pushed it aside.

With 4 people in the cabin-- a schedule for showers will help. all 4 getting ready at the same time sucks. We used the gym/spa area for showers to get ready for dinner. it wasnt so bad.

My TA booked this cabin for me. I'm a little surprised since he knew we were deciding between this trip and the Legend out of NY. We ultimately went with the Destiny because of the itinerary, but had he informed us of the fact that we weren't in a real quad cabin, I don't know that we would have gone this route. My husband wants me to check out if we can request an upgrade to a suite and how much it will cost. I don't even know id this is a possibility or if we can even swing it if it is. I'm just a little aggravated with my TA for not informing me so I could have made an informed decision before booking. Oh well. If anyone has any experience with the upgrade situation, please let me know. We are not in a guaranteed cabin, so of course we know we won't get one without asking and paying for it.

Thanks again.

I dont see suites available for your cruise=not saying there is none left. You would still stand the chance of a rollawayas these cabins have two twin beds plus a convertible sofa. so you would need a roll away still.

To do this you probbly will have to pay the going rate of the suites - which today are selling at 1649pp plus 719.pp for eachof the kids.

Honestly- i think you will be ok in the 9179 on the Destiny.

Not counting the balcony-how much time will be spent in the cabin directly?

Serene-

Thank you so much for all the info. You have been so helpful. I think you are probably right and we may be overreacting. My teenage son put everything into perspective last night. He said, "Who cares, we're going on a cruise!" He reminded me that he will probably not be showering in the morning before we go on excursions or hang out by the pool on sea days. He also said that if it would make things easier, that he is more than willing to take his showers in the spa before dinner. He really is a great kid! Will he be allowed to enter the spa to shower there? He is 14.

Our first cruise the kids were 15, 17 and 19. As long as he just takes a shower and dont play around in there he will be ok.

The shower stalls are a lot bigger then whats in the cabin. My kids are all 6 feet plus so the extra space for a shower in the gym was a plus.

Another feature is the 6 shower heads..your kids will never be soooo clean..lol.

SAve the money for the suite and do extra stuff out on the ports.

We are heading on the Destiny come Sept 10.. let me know hopw ya liked the Destiny please

Hi Serene-

Thanks again. My 14 year old is already 6 feet tall! Being only 5'2" tall myself, he seems enormous! My husband is 6'2" and I think my son is going to beat him pretty soon. His feet are already biggerthan his dad's. I think he will love the extra room of the shower in the spa. I'm sure he won't be fooling around. Luckily, he's a pretty responsible kid, which is especially comforting as he'll be starting high school this fall. That's what this trip is in celebration of. He graduated from middle school with top honors and got accepted into (and will be attending) a really topnotch special high school for academically gifted students. Sorry if I'm bragging, I'm just so proud of him! I'm so glad that he is being so accommodating with the shower situation. By the way, are there towels provided in the spa showers or does he need to bring some from the cabin?

I'll let you know how we like the Destiny. We can't wait!

There were towels but my kids took their own and made sure they bought them back with them. Sure did make a difference for getting ready,

Its ok to brag away-- jsut make sure you let him know how proud of him you are.

Oh, he knows. I think we may embarrass him a little. Actually, the other day at graduation he was definitely embarrassed, when one of his friends told him "Are you Kidding? Your parents are the coolest!", to which 2 of his friends wholeheartedly agreed. It was a fabulous night!

He's leaving on a teen tour on Monday. We're thrilled for him, but will miss him terribly. He arrives home on Friday night 8/4. We'll probably be doing laundry and finishing up our packing on 8/5 and then we leave for the cruise on 8/6. This is why my husband didn't want to leave on the earlier flight in the morning. He felt that my son would need to get a little sleep. My son thought he was being silly (of course). He said he could sleep on the plane. I agreed with my son, but my husband's voice of reason prevailed. We arrive in PR at 3:05 PM. Since the ship doesn't head out of port until 10 PM, I'm not too worried about being late. It just would have been nice to have a little time to explore Old San Juan.

Have a great time on your cruise...and let us know how you like the Destiny. I know how proud parents can be of their kids especially when they do well and are well behaved. My DD who is 10 just got her final marks for the year and she ended up with all A's. She only had 2 B's during the year. At this point however she is more interested in Ballet...she either wants to be a principle dancer with a major company or a dance teacher...we'll see. I know that both of my daughters enjoy cruising and can't wait until our next one which will be on the Destiny.

Our initial fear about the non quad cabin with the rollaway seems to havecalmed down. Thank you all for your advice. In truth, we are just thrilled that we are able to be doing this trip. We've had to cancel a couple of planned trips for this year due to family and/or work emergencies, so this one will be even sweeter. I'll post a review on our return.

You won't have a problem getting ready at all. We had 4 in our cabin. When someone was getting ready there is always the balcony to enjoy!! We had a great time on the Destiny. We had a suite and I too was concerned because it was listed for an occupancy of 3. We had the sofa, King bed and a rollaway. My daughter loved the rollaway. My son said the sofa was okay and regretted not grabbing the rollaway. Have a great time - sounds like you have a wonderful family.

Just got back from the Destiny - room 9179. There were four women in the room and I will not cruise again with more than two in a balcony room the size of that one. It was really cramped for us. There were two single beds that we pushed together to save room. One pull down and the fourth person slept on a non-convertable couch. There was NO roll-away bed. Even if there had been I don't know were we would have put it. SLeeping was OK that way but when we were trying to get ready for the day or dinner it was too congested with four women trying to get ready at the same time. AND - there was only 2 electric plugs!!!!!

We all had a really great time on the Destiny though and plan to go again. But two to a room is more doable.

According to the deckplans 9179 is supposed to sleep only 3 people.

Wonder why they dont update their pages to refect such changes.

I did 5 people to an inside cabin but that was with my teens. I dont think I would have put 4 women in one cabin.. yuck---

Showers in the gym would have done your group wonders.

DId you notice a lot of noise in the halls?

Archived