Princess Coffee

Shogun

You are kidding, right? The absolute worst coffee I've ever had was from Starbucks. It was sludge. I had to dump it out in the street -- even the smell made me nauseous. Why on earth would I want to pay another $50 for what I consider perfectly good coffee?

You wouldn't, but some of us might. It's all about having a choice. If you are happy with the Princess coffee, you would be foolish to pay extra for something else. There seems to be two camps here: those who like or at least tolerate the coffee and those who would prefer a choice to have something different (whether Starbucks or something else --- and that is a personal preference, there is no right or wrong only OPINION).

You wouldn't, but some of us might. It's all about having a choice. If you are happy with the Princess coffee, you would be foolish to pay extra for something else. There seems to be two camps here: those who like or at least tolerate the coffee and those who would prefer a choice to have something different (whether Starbucks or something else --- and that is a personal preference, there is no right or wrong only OPINION).
I agree that coffee tastes are personal preference, but if people feel that strongly about special coffee, then they should be prepared to pay $50 for a coffee card or something. I don't think it's worth charging everyone $50 to satisfy some personal tastes.

As an FYI, a relative of mine manages a major Starbucks in NYC and even he won't drink Starbucks coffee!

How many threads have been about coffee?

It's good!

It's bad!

I love it!

I hate it!

I want Starbucks!

I want Tim Horton's!

I'll pay for good coffee!

It should be included, for no fee!

If they had a premium brand coffee, it wouldn't solve any problems, because the debate would still go on (the definition of "premium" is subjective). If they had a coffee card, it would generate complaints like the soda card gets (priced too high, crew not happy to get refills, etc.) If they upgraded the "free" coffee significantly, the price difference would show up in EVERYONE'S cruise fare, which would generate complaints.....etc. etc.

It's okay if you just want to vent, but is it possible for us all to agree that WE WILL NEVER ALL AGREE? I really do enjoy a good cup of coffee; it's not that I don't understand. But all the dissent isn't going to change much, and I for one am happy with the package Princess puts forth. Yes, the package, all the good, all the bad...I take it all into consideration and, guess what? I'm looking into booking another cruise with Princess. :eek:

That's all!

Coffee is one of the few things that many people enjoy EVERY day. For many of us, the day doesn't begin until we have coffee. That makes the coffee topic appear OFTEN.

I think choice would be good but I also agree that there is no way to make everyone happy.

I agree that coffee tastes are personal preference, but if people feel that strongly about special coffee,

Pam, I totally agree with you. A coffee bar, like the ice cream bar, at extra expense to those who chose to use it is what I had in mind. It would be unfair to have everyone pay so that I could enjoy my personnal preferences.

Also, I mentioned Starbucks as an example of what many consider to be a premium coffee. It would not necessarily be my first choice either. All I advocate is a choice for those who do not enjoy the standard Princess coffee offering.

...But all the dissent isn't going to change much, and I for one am happy with the package Princess puts forth. Yes, the package, all the good, all the bad...I take it all into consideration and, guess what? I'm looking into booking another cruise with Princess. :eek:

That's all!

Well said!!! I don't mind spirited but non-malicious expression of opinions...in fact, I am encouraged that people care enough to say what they think. But in the end, it's all about the cruising.

............Let's all go on a sea cruise:D .......Oui

I'd like to know if or not there is a coffee card on Princess. One says they had it and they punched it most of the time, others say they have never heard of such a thing. Anybody on a Princess ship right now know for sure?

And how much? $30 for 20 cups? I'll just keep on drinking the free stuff with plenty of creme and sugar. Don't really matter how bad the coffee is if you put enough creme and sugar in it.

My sister and I bought a specialty coffee drink casrd when we were on the Caribbean Princess in February. I do not remember the price - maybe $30 plus gratuity for 15 drinks. There may have been a coupon in one of the coupon books in our cabin. I do know for certain we bought a card and used it. The dining room always remembered to punch ours!

We just returned from a cruise and the coffee is different. It was much better than in the past and we didn't need to use the coffee bags we brought. I know it was still made from syrup but they have apparently changed brands or the mix formula. It did not have that weird aroma so I know it was different. It seemed a little on the weak side but it was not a weaker version of the same stuff. I can't begin to tell you how happy I was to discover this. It pretty much tastes like coffee you would get anywhere except those places that specialize in coffee.

I agree with Pam. We just returned from the Coral Princess tonight. We even brought our own coffee pot, but to our surprise the coffee was much better on this cruise. We even discussed the fact that they must have change their brand or something. Interesting to me that Pam noticed it too on her cruise.

By the way Pam, if you happen to read this, with your help we got a room at the Westin Baysore, I even think you were there when we were if I remember correctly, anyway, to our delight they gave us a harbor view. I never expected that for the price we paid, and it was delightful. Thanks again for your help.

sasha'smom

Hi Folks,

Since I started this ,I better chip in agian,

As far as I am aware all Princess ships have coffee card the Java Card.

It is not well known or used, but it does save a little money if you buy lots of coffee, as I like a cup around 4.00pm while onboard as I sit and watch the world go buy I think its a good idea.

What I have seen is people complain that they could not get their type of coffee,

what happened to the good old days of with or without milk/cream.

Coffee is like beer loads of people drink the stuff but do they drink the same brand, do they like other brands, how many bar room fights have started over this so lets not start one hear.

We have a range of choice's drink it or leave it, or bring your own.

Princess is a cruise line and I think a good cruise line if it was a coffee shop then people can vote with their feet and just walk by.

Now we are done with the coffee what about the coke and cola on board

now when that is warm and flat that is really bad any views on this.

yours Shogun

Archived