Seattle's Pier 66

professor

I'll soon be taking the Alaska cruise from Seattle on the Star, and will be staying at the Marriott Waterfront Hotel on Alaskan Way prior to the cruise. Maps of the area aren't too helpful, and I was wondering if anyone knows the area, or has stayed at the Marriott prior to boarding the Star. Is the Marriott "walking distance with luggage in tow" from the hotel to the embarcation entrance for Pier 66, or should I take a cab?

Many thanks!

We stayed at the Marriott before our May 30th Star cruise. Great hotel, great location. We had rolling luggage and just walked out the door, crossed the street and were at the the pier. It's maybe a half block to the security door. I think you may be able to pay the Marriott bellmen to take your luggage on a cart, but we didn't think that was necessary. I did see luggage with Star tags piled up on those hotel baggage carts, so I'm assuming they walked it over with them.

Have fun.

Teri

We sailed out of Seattle on the Sun last year (03) and stayed at the Waterfront Marriott the night before the cruise. It's a great location for NCL cruisers... right across the street from Pier 66. We had a room with a waterfront view, so when we opened the curtains the next morning, there was our ship!

We checked out of the Marriott about 11:00. The bell captain had our luggage loaded on a cart and they "walked" it across the street with us to the NCL luggage check in.

Our Marriot stay was great way to begin what turned out to be a fantastic week!

Many thanks to everyone for all the useful information pertaining to Seattle's Pier 66 and the Marriott Hotel nearby. Sounds like an ideal set-up!

Is it wise to assume that -- barring unforeseen circumstances -- boarding of the Star will begin by 11:00 or 11:30 a.m.?

10s Nut,

Looks like I won't actually make it down to the pier before you leave, sorry. According to yahoo maps, the Bell Street Deli & Grocery is about 2 blocks south on the waterfront. The star is the cruise terminal parking garage, you'll be on Alaskan Way as you exit the terminal.

Bell Street Deli & Grocery

2207 Alaskan Way

Seattle, WA

Phone: (206) 441-6907

mapimage.gif.46a4de0123a57bd88d300b1e9c8122bd.gif

Archived