Ladies! Check out David's Bridal!

Hi everyone!

I just mentioned this in another thread but thought the info was good enough to post on its own....

If you live near a David's Bridal (www.davidsbridal.com), check them out for their clearance gowns and glitzy tops. I just got a great deal there today - a champagne-colored, (faux) shantung gown with a back-slit skirt for only $20 (the original pricetag was over $150). And it was my size and it fit perfectly. I saw all sizes on the racks there - 2 to 24 - and some really pretty, sophisticated, feminine, and stylish dresses.

Hope this helps.... Happy shopping!:)

Thanks for the great tip! My twelve year old daughter and I went shopping at David's Bridal this afternoon and found beautiful dresses at a great price! Hers is a dark periwinkle with beads and sequins on the bodice and a sheer wrap. The color is very flattering with her long blonde hair and, while I was reluctant to let her try on a strapless gown, the style is age appropriate. Anything I had seen at the department stores was way too slinky for her age. Best of all it was marked down from $189 to $19.99. I'll probably end up paying three times that for the shoes!

I found a dress for me, too. Black and "floaty" with subtle beading at the empire waist. Sexy without being sleazy. My dress was marked down from $149 to $29.99.

Hi Happy Stamper!

I'm so glad to hear about your finds too! :D Yours and your daughter's dresses sound beautiful, and you're right, with her blonde hair that color will just glow on her. And your black dress sounds so classic and versatile, like something you can "change" completely with different jewelry, hose and shoes. I just started shoe & evening-purse shopping to match my two formal night dresses and you're right, the accessories are gonna cost way more than the dresses. But we have a formal wedding coming up in September so I'll get at least one more wear out of one of them. You can't beat a gorgeous dress for $19.99! I can't imagine what it would've cost in the department stores.

Take care! :)

Archived