Where/when does one check-in baggage?

We are sailing on RCCL's Vision from Seattle (Pier 30) & are already checked-in on the web. I also have baggage tags that I'll be putting on the bags before I leave home.

Just wondering about the baggage --- when/where do I check them in? Do I have to carry my baggage till I meet one the RCCL agents at the check-in counter? Or is there a "road-side" baggage check-in counter as soon as I get off the cab?

Every cruise I have been on out of the different ports, all have porters at the front of the building that you give your luggage too. Be sure to tip them. Then you will see your luggage later on that day in your cabin. It is really easy, but sometimes trackign a porter can be an event! Have a great cruise!

At Terminal 30, it's a big warehouse-looking building and there's one door that says passenger check-in and one that says baggage drop off. You an either wait in line to drop your bags at the baggage drop off door or flag down a porter (there never seem to be enough at Terminal 30 for all the people there, which I guess is why they big line forms, although I've always been able to find a porter willing to take my bags). Either way, you wouldn't keep them with you while you're waiting in line to check in.

Archived