Anyone on the Magica Dec. 17-23?

Hoosiergirls

So let's start a proper roll call for Tom ***** in Belize.

Tracey and Simon

Katie (12) and Emily (8)

Fred and Cynthia

Kyle (17) and Kendall (11)

Donna (mum) and Morgan (10)

Any other definites and then I will e-mail Tom? djsmeenge? I am not bothered about eating ashore - but will go along with what others want.

Yes of course, you can join the group. Now up to 14. Names above plus djsmeenge, 2 adults and 2 teens. Can you post names? Thanks.

Nearer the time I will have to get people's surnames.

Tracey

The four D's

Deb and Dave

DavidMichael (17)

Daniel (14)

Thanks; sound fun--are you taking your own water shoes? Are the lockers extra to rent? How many do we need to get a discount?

17th - 23rd. Thanks for the info on the drinks package. Just booked it myself with a little difficulty,($68), my cruise agent didn't even know about it! It's like they don't really want you to have it so keep it quiet! Can't see how I'm not going to get my money's worth here. Cheers!

The four D's

Deb and Dave

DavidMichael (17)

Daniel (14)

Thanks; sound fun--are you taking your own water shoes? Are the lockers extra to rent? How many do we need to get a discount?

Just spoken with ***** Tours and his vans hold 16 people (or they have buses that hold 44 but I think that number is too big and more like a ship's tour - what do others think?) so if there are 2 more people interested then there are 2 more spaces. Shall we keep it at 14 (or 16 if 2 more people want to join)?

I thought there would be a discount for 12+ (it does say 1 free on his website and I asked if he could spread that discount over the whole party) but the price Tom quoted of $35 per adult and $20 per child is a special price (normally no reduction for children) and includes the entrance to the park, all taxes, etc so there is no further discount nor free places. I am not going to question any further as compared to all the other operators, his prices are extremely competitive so take that to be the final price. I am happy with the price he has quoted. Others okay with that?

"The $35/20 rate includes : A/C ground transportation, park entrance

fee, professional guides, cave tubing equipment. All taxes are paid,

and there are no other charges in any form or way - no surprises, the

way some other companies tend to do. Pay cash or traveller's cheques

once ashore and ready for the tour."

I think I read somewhere that water shoes (ie the beach shoes) are not strong enough for the walk but maybe someone could ckeck this? I think I read taking old trainers or something you don't mind getting wet. I suppose you could take both. I think also they lock the van so to keep belongings in there. The threads on the Belize boards tell you more. Will have a look later.

17th - 23rd. Thanks for the info on the drinks package. Just booked it myself with a little difficulty,($68), my cruise agent didn't even know about it! It's like they don't really want you to have it so keep it quiet! Can't see how I'm not going to get my money's worth here. Cheers!

No, I don't think they want you to book it either! You do know that the drinks are only with main meal, don't you? But then when you look at the price of a bottle of wine, I suppose that you would soon use the $68 on a couple of bottles alone. Do you know if it is only in the main dining room or also in the buffet - like the girl in the UK told me? I would imagine it is main dining room only.

Hi!

We've just booked this cruise. Very exciting and a little apprehensive.

But, we'd love to do some zip lines which the canopy tour sounds like. There will be 4 or us, 2 adults, an 18 and a 16 year old.

Welcome and GREAT - we are also 2 adults a 17b and 11g - I think zip-line canopy will be great - unfortunately I have been dealing wit a crisis with my elderly parents but hope to have more info posted next week!

My TA said it did not exist.. so I called Costa directly and booked the "Individual drink program" which entitles you to unlimited draft beer, red or white wine (by the glass, I am assuming "house" type), mineral waters, and soda at lunch & dinner. This is $68 pp including the 15% gratuity for the 6 night cruise. So, at $4.50 a beer or glass of wine plus gratuity, this works out to be a good deal if you might like a beer (or 2) with lunch and a couple of glasses of wine with dinner, then one to take to the show with you... If you call, the Costa agent is going to look at all of the list of on board packages -- direct him/her to the "last item on the list" (as the Costa agent told me). It's little known, but a good value if only one in your party imbibes. :p

I just noticed that the Magica Dec 3rd got their cruise docs on October 30th, which means we should be getting ours soon. You know you are close when you get those docs!!!! We are only 6 weeks away, time will go fast now, is anyone as excited as we are?????

Been so very busy, haven't had time to check in here - looks like we have more people traveling with us, YEAH!

It's almost time for docs?!?!?! ACK! Must start making list and checking twice of things to pack. Luckily I live in a climate where it is now cold, so I can actually pack most of my warm weather stuff.

Who here toga's on the last night? I guess if I toga I won't need another dress for dinner. Is the last night formal night? How do you do formal and toga on the same night? Should I pack a sport coat for my husband for non formal nights or can he do with dress trousers and shirt?

Does anyone have info on the kids club? On other lines they offer an option for the kids to dine together in the lido. Hannah usually likes this option if she has made friends.

Honduras? I think some of you are getting together in Belize for an excursion, what is everyone doing in Honduras? This is a new port for us...

Formal nights will be Monday & Thursday; Toga is Friday. (The itinerary is slightly changed due to the 6 night vs 7). I believe dinner is 6 & 8 in the Caribbean, while it is 7 & 9 in the Med (because the sun sets much later in the summer in the Mediterranean).

Haven't gotten documents yet; in fact, I haven't even told my daughter that we are going yet (:)). Mom's got to keep some surprises.

It's still very warm here in Orlando, so there's no packing issue for us!

Maybe I should break it to my daughter! Ha ha! She has NO idea how lucky she is :o ... Just went to calorie-counter.com to find out what I need to do now in order to lose the 5 lbs before the cruise so that I can eat what I want on it.

You got docs already?!?!?!?!? I will keep my eyes peeled on my mailbox then!

If anyone sees a fabulous red dress somewhere on line let me know. I want new formal wear (tired of seeing myself in pictures in the SAME dresses!) and red seems so seasonally appropriate...

Have they changed the timings in the posts for the 17 December cruise? I thought we were in Roatan till 4pm and Belize till 8pm but on the website it now looks like we leave Roatan at 1pm and Belize at 6pm. Won't make too much difference in Belize but if this is the case, it will hardly be worth leaving the ship in Roatan. By the time we all get off, it will be almost time to head back. Does anyone have any info?

Brochure states

Cozumel 9 - 5

Belize 8 - 8

Roatan 8 - 5

Website has now changed and states

Coz 9 - 5

Bel 8 - 6

Roatan 8 - 1

Is Cozumel 9 to 5 or 9 to 1? If 1, that means the only port worth doing anything is Belize - I wouldn't have booked this cruise had I known the correct timings. I hope Cozumel is till 5pm as we have a day out planned. What do others think?

Thanks for clarifying that. We also just booked this cruise last week and I about freaked when I saw the Cozumel time you posted. I am also disappointed about the shortened time in Honduras. There are many cruises to choose from at great prices. I chose this one for the different itinerary.

Archived