Tipping Confusion all over again

Djaye

When our room stewards greeted us with a huge smile....and asked unfailingly "is there anything I can do or get you?", we really felt great and appreciative of the level of service we were receiving.

When we handed the envelopes to those same people, it again felt great to see the look of appreciation in their eyes as we said "Thank you very much!!" in words backed by a truly deserved monetary gesture.

It's as simple as one good turn leading to another....choose the tipping method that works for you and enjoy your cruise.

The past few cruises - we have used the automatic vouchers - and bring a box of thank you cards from home -

We use these thank you cards to give vouchers to cabin and table server staff. We add cash if they have gone over the top (and they always do)

We also give thank you cards with cash to the drink servers - and other staff that do great jobs.:)

But in the thank you cards - we let them know specifically what we appreciated - and that those comments are also included in the end of cruise comment cards.:D

The money is great - but the comment cards are important too.;)

I like the tips charged to the shipboard account which is backed by an American Airlines Advantage Card, need I say more.

But, I also get envelopes and supplement. By the time 14 days pass by, I forget about the automatic thing and feel bad when everyone at the table gives the guys cash. I bet I am not the only one...

It works both ways tho. We have done full envelopes and auto + envelopes.

If you use the ship concierge or CC Hostess for an event tipping is most welcome by them. Chances are you will see them again on the another future cruise and they will remember you. I know a lot of cruise staff very well and can share with you,, they all remember who did and who didnt tip well.. Dont think because there are 2000 people on a ship one cant remember,, they do... We would too. As a waiter in college parttime I never forgot someone who was cheap..

Don

Oh my gosh....I just had a thought.. What if the envelopes are the wrong size and my money won't fit in it? What if the envelopes are colored to match the bedspread and I can't see them on the bed? Do I tip in dollars or rubles? Oh I can't even enjoy my cruise worrying about the last night and the tips!:D :D

There is one thing about it....you will be given every opportunity to tip and it is certainly not something to fret over.:p

Archived