Live From The Platinum Princess

MTJSR

Had a thought, as the Princess fleet grows even bigger and the product really doesn't change all that much with each new ship. What about a new Sun class sized ship that only allows Princess Captains Circle members to sail. The service would be totally white glove and everything all inclusive. The price of course would reflect this upscale service at a price. It seems Princess is fortunate to have thousands of loyal people who routinely sail this line, but reflect upon and wish cruising was as it once was.

Had a thought, as the Princess fleet grows even bigger and the product really doesn't change all that much with each new ship. What about a new Sun class sized ship that only allows Princess Captains Circle members to sail. The service would be totally white glove and everything all inclusive. The price of course would reflect this upscale service at a price. It seems Princess is fortunate to have thousands of loyal people who routinely sail this line, but reflect upon and wish cruising was as it once was.
Great idea but if you cruise on a smaller Princess ship on a longer and more exotic itinerary, almost every single passenger is a member of the Captain's Circle. There might be a few here or there who either have never cruised before or haven't cruised on Princess before. But they're very few.

Aye Aye Captain...Set her up...WeOn....err..uh..OuiOnboard for that!! :)

sorry, but I do not see the point of restricting such a cruise to those who have sailed Princess before....what does that do for anyone?

It seems many complaints on these boards are from people complaining about how others dress in the dinning room and how rude others are and my thought was that a "members only" floating resort (so to speak), not for the first time cruiser might up the minimum standards you see so common on the bigger ships. It also seems seasoned cruisers want the recognition for having been on previous sailings and this might help offer a sense of that. Instead of a little sticker from princess you get to travel first class on a ship totally dedicated to your repeat business.

It seems many complaints on these boards are from people complaining about how others dress in the dinning room and how rude others are and my thought was that a "members only" floating resort (so to speak), not for the first time cruiser might up the minimum standards you see so common on the bigger ships. It also seems seasoned cruisers want the recognition for having been on previous sailings and this might help offer a sense of that. Instead of a little sticker from princess you get to travel first class on a ship totally dedicated to your repeat business.

..sorry, but just because someone has sailed on Princess before does not mean that they know how to dress in the dining room or that they will not be rude

You will see many posts from Elite-level captain's circle members who do not dress for dinner. Also from people who sail in full suites.

I think having a ship in the Princess line that offered a more white-glove experience would be OK so long as it was advertised very clearly as being for people who are looking for that sort of thing. It could be another aspect of "personal choice" to have a ship like that. But I don't really think it's necessary, given that there are other cruise lines already offering that product. Interesting idea, though.

It's the diversity and variety of people on Princess as a "middle of the road" line that is part of the attraction for me. Yeah - the mix gets different on the longer more exotic cruises (read: older and more experienced travelers) but it's still always interesting.

Now, having said the above, I see nothing wrong with people wanting to travel on an "elite" Princess cruise or a ship dedicated solely to that purpose. Just because I'm not interested does not mean a market does not exist for that product. It would probably work.

Bill

Archived