Hull 6151

mrBit

Guest LetMeGo
I believe that yards number hulls as they build ships since they have no t been "named", this way they can keep track of things.

That's right... It's much easier e.g to talk about "502" than Costa Mediterranea. Numbers are also the only practical way to keep records on computer.

I hope they keep the Destiny Class and Conquest Class look at least for the exterior.

IMO, short of the Classic Queen Mary look Destiny & Conqeust Class is a very beautiful design and with the trademark smoke stack the class looks "organic" a lot like a whale if you will.

An 'as yet unnamed' Carnival cruise ship has been ordered by Carnival Cruise Lines in 2006.

According to Carnival's press release, the vessel will have a gross tonnage of 130,000 tons, and is intended to carry just over 3,608 passengers. The vessel is scheduled to debut sometime between September and November of 2009. The vessel is being designed and constructed by Fincantieri, which currently identifies the vessel as Hull 6151.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Un-Named_Carnival_Ship_(ship))

Hull # Year Built Original Name (NB=Newbuilding) Present Name Present Operator GT Berths Price ($mm)

Fincantieri - Marghera

6129 2007 Carnival Freedom (NB) Carnival C.L. 110,000 2974 500

Fincantieri - Monfalcone

5941 1996 Carnival Destiny Carnival Destiny Carnival C.L. 101,353 2642 450

5979 1999 Carnival Triumph Carnival Triumph Carnival C.L. 102,353 2758 400

6045 2000 Carnival Victory Carnival Victory Carnival C.L. 101,350 2642 430

6057 2002 Carnival Conquest Carnival Conquest Carnival C.L. 110,000 2974 500

6058 2003 Carnival Glory Carnival Glory Carnival C.L. 110,000 2974 500

6082 2004 Carnival Valor Carnival Valor Carnival C.L. 110,000 2974 500

6111 2005 Carnival Liberty Carnival Liberty Carnival C.L. 110,000 2974 455

Firm 2008 Carnival Splendor (NB) Carnival C.L. 112,000 3000 577

I hope they keep the Destiny Class and Conquest Class look at least for the exterior.

IMO, short of the Classic Queen Mary look Destiny & Conqeust Class is a very beautiful design and with the trademark smoke stack the class looks "organic" a lot like a whale if you will.

I love the way the front of the Destiny & Conquest class ships look, but for some reason, I am not a big fan of the way the back of the ships look. I think if they could take the front of the Destiny & Conquest class ships and merge them together with the backend of the newer RCCL ships, we would have something on our hands then!!!

I am on either side of the fence as far as the sides go. I think the sides of the Freedom of the Seas are very nice looking....

LSU, I agree combine the two and it would really be something. I am not a fan of the RCL look but I cannot wait to see the inside Royal Prom.

You and I are two of a kind. I have only seen the Promenade of the RCCL ships through pictures, but I can only imagine what that thing looks like in person. My wife and I are relatively new to cruising, but we are looking forward to trying the RCCL brand for our next cruise (still trying to see which cruiseline is the best fit for us).

Archived