Trip Insurance

eagmommy

After a lot of research and help from this board, I just booked my trip insurance and I found a great deal. I booked it through www.squaremouth.com and they had the cheapest price. I got Travelex Plus insurance and for my family of 5 it cost $79.00. Other websites listed it as $135 for the same exact thing! It is rated A+ and had great benefits. Just thought I would share this info. It always helps to save a few dollars so you can spend more on vacation.:) :D

• 4 weeks later...
After a lot of research and help from this board, I just booked my trip insurance and I found a great deal. I booked it through www.squaremouth.com and they had the cheapest price. I got Travelex Plus insurance and for my family of 5 it cost $79.00. Other websites listed it as $135 for the same exact thing! It is rated A+ and had great benefits. Just thought I would share this info. It always helps to save a few dollars so you can spend more on vacation.:) :D

Thanks for the info. Looks like you got a REALLY good deal...I entered in our info to get a quote, and the cheapest they could do for a family of only 3 is $129 for Travelex TraveLite. :( I wonder what's wrong with us? This is just for a RCI 6-night cruise to the Carib from California and we're 36, 37, and 2 years old. Hmmmm.....

I paid quite a bit more through RCI direct. I think we paid $159 for dh and I and something like $99 for 2 kids (5 and 3). Oh well, I always buy trip insurance if possible when traveling with the kids. You just never know!

Thanks for the info. Looks like you got a REALLY good deal...I entered in our info to get a quote, and the cheapest they could do for a family of only 3 is $129 for Travelex TraveLite. :( I wonder what's wrong with us? This is just for a RCI 6-night cruise to the Carib from California and we're 36, 37, and 2 years old. Hmmmm

I guess I got lucky. Maybe they were running a special at the time. I checked my docs again just to make sure they were okay. It shocked me at the time I did it, but it was such a good deal I couldn't pass it up! :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just popping on to say two things. One is to very definitely purchase trip insurance. Things do happen. Secondly, do NOT purchase it from Access America. They are very happy to take your money but have a very low payout rate on legitimate claims. They always need one more thing and one more thing, then refuse to pay anyway. I finally hired a lawyer and he's fighting them. It will cost me as much as my claim, but it's the principal of the things. So stay away from them. There are other companies, and who needs the aggravation?

Archived