Question about Bars/Pubs on the Mariner

It's not really mentioned commonly when looking at the details about the Mariner. But if you dig deep enough there are comments about certain bars onboard like "Vintages" or "19th Hole".

I'm just curious if some of these places serve any food or is it stricly drinks? For example the 19th Hole is sports themed so would they serve pizza and wings? I wouldn't expect a large choice but I'm just wondering if these places could be an alternative snack/dining choice.

Another thing how many more of these nooks and crannies are hidden away on this ship that isn't highlighted on RCI or Cruisecritics website? :)

To the best of my knowledge they are just booze places.

In fact, I cant remember ever seeing the 19th hole actually be "open".

But I know the compass always lists the daily times that all food and beverage places are open.

In Vintages on the Mariner last August, they DID serve complimentary small appetizer platters in the early evening, and chocolate covered strawberries later at night. We had a favorite server, Patricia, who always brought us something. :)

I'll be on the Mariner again on Sunday and am hoping Patricia is still in Vintages, and will let you know if they still serve anything at certain hours of the day.

It's not really mentioned commonly when looking at the details about the Mariner. But if you dig deep enough there are comments about certain bars onboard like "Vintages" or "19th Hole".

I'm just curious if some of these places serve any food or is it stricly drinks? For example the 19th Hole is sports themed so would they serve pizza and wings? I wouldn't expect a large choice but I'm just wondering if these places could be an alternative snack/dining choice.

Another thing how many more of these nooks and crannies are hidden away on this ship that isn't highlighted on RCI or Cruisecritics website? :)

I don't recall seeing food being served in any of the pubs/bars on board with the exception of Vintages, as one other poster noted, that served free hors d'oeuvres after 5 p.m.

The 19th Hole is a small section next to Ellington's and it was almost always dead whenever we walked through there to get to the sports deck

The cigar bar had chocolate covered strawberries in the evening ... but can't recall seeing food at any of the other bars. I had been hoping for some good REAL English fish 'n chips in the pub, but alas ... Oh, and there were bowls of country club mix in Ellington's to go with our martinis.

We did get in the habit of ordering a cheese tray from room service for late afternoon/early evening. That was as close to pub grub as we got.

where is the cigar bar on the Mariner? and do they have a good selection of cigars?

The cigar bar is called the Connoisseur Club and it's located on Deck 5 forward. It's a small-ish room with nice leather sofas/chairs and two poker tables in the middle. There were a pair of Texas Hold 'em tournaments going on the night we visited.

It does sell cigars but I did not check out the selection. I ordered a glass of Hennessey and enjoyed a cigar I bought in Jamaica. I was told by others that you're better off buying your own cigars in port and then smoking them on board. The prices will be cheaper.

Just remember that if you buy Cuban cigars -- and make sure they aren't counterfeit -- you cannot legally bring them back to the U.S. so smoke 'em while you got 'em on board.

Archived