Back to Back-Different rooms-Summit-hints/help on this.

Seamo

Hi everyone,

We thank these boards for giving us great info and advice AND we now have a [-get this-] AFT cat. FV for West Pan. Canal !!! and a starboard cat SS w/ bump balcony for Hawaii. YIKES, we can't hardly believe it.

Anyways... now, how to make the switch in L.A. with least pain possible. Celebrity says: "everything must be packed as if leaving ship and will be rerouted to (new) cabin for Hawaii." ... [we have lots of meds that need to stay cool] -- plus some valubles we obviously would like to stay 'safe' ... and of course, we'd like to just GET OFF THE SHIP in L.A. as early as possible. Check out some sites. Once we read (here) of a cruiser in Miami doing back2back. She had same room for both and was able to leave the ship thru the crew exit as if it were a routine port stop.

Celebrity says : "check with the Concierge Desk when onboard and they will advise as to what may be done for you".

We are wondering if we should keep web-checking to get a SAME cabin [if they become avaiable] BUT you guys and gals say the Panama Canal to "BEST" on stern and the Sky Suite on starboard for Hawaii yells 'keep me, keep me!!' ........ ;) oh the joy of getting this all together ..

it's Seamo and his bride (of 40) :) :)

p.s. mike, we will be checking in with your group later on.

Wow, what a delightful dilemma! I would tell your cabin steward a couple of days before the end of your first cruise leg that you'll be staying on and changing cabins. He/she will pretty much move everything from point A to point B for you. I'd advise you to hang onto your valuables and meds, and move those yourself.

We've done b2b both ways; we've kept the same cabin and not had to disturb our things at all, and we've changed (from an outside to balcony) and had to move our stuff. If the suite you have for the second cruise is that much more desirable, I'd say it's well-worth the small inconveniece of having to move your things.

You do have a bit of a problem. You could tip either your first or second room steward to move your stuff for you. There is no need to pack all your stuff because they can move everything on the bar in the closet. Your meds might be stored in your fridge but that is normally locked on the last night so that a final bar bill can be determined. Your new stateroom might not be available at the same time as you vacate your old one.

How far apart are your staterooms?

I would head over to your suite on the first cruise and contact your butler ahead of time. He will be more than happy to help with the move. His tip on the second half of your cruise it dependant on him giving you the best service. So, he will make sure everything is as you request it.

You do have a bit of a problem. You could tip either your first or second room steward to move your stuff for you. There is no need to pack all your stuff because they can move everything on the bar in the closet. Your meds might be stored in your fridge but that is normally locked on the last night so that a final bar bill can be determined. Your new stateroom might not be available at the same time as you vacate your old one.

How far apart are your staterooms?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The aft [1st leg] is on 7 and the SS is on 6 -- not too far but one level change. I have a chance to take a 'same room' cat 2B with the "extra triangle balcony space". The cabin space is much less (and the price is too) but the ones I have now seem to be the "best" for each leg (according to everone here). Appreciate this feed back.

AND Yes, what a DELIGHTFUL problem to deal with .... ......Seamo :) and his bride ( of 40 ) :)

The aft [1st leg] is on 7 and the SS is on 6 -- not too far but one level change. I have a chance to take a 'same room' cat 2B with the "extra triangle balcony space". The cabin space is much less (and the price is too) but the ones I have now seem to be the "best" for each leg (according to everone here). Appreciate this feed back.

AND Yes, what a DELIGHTFUL problem to deal with .... ......Seamo :) and his bride ( of 40 ) :)

Just out of curiosity, WHICH FV on 7 is it? I was recently in 7199 and loved it. I guess there's a one in four chance that is your cabin, too!

Just out of curiosity, WHICH FV on 7 is it? I was recently in 7199 and loved it. I guess there's a one in four chance that is your cabin, too!

Very close, like right next door, 7201. Oh, man 7199, then you had a "grande" all around view. Nice. seamo

Very close, like right next door, 7201. Oh, man 7199, then you had a "grande" all around view. Nice. seamo

Yep! Only mine was Alaska. I think for Panama Canal, I'd get even MORE use out of the balcony...

Archived