What costs extra?

I'm thinking of booking on the Majesty August 20th, looks like a fun short cruise for a great price. Just wondering what will cost extra? I've only sailed on Carnival so far (one cruise) so I'm not sure what to expect from RCI

~Katy :)

I was on the majesty! when i was four years old........ like right when it came out my mom and dad took me on it :) I remember a big swimming pool but then again I was four.

Well........... drinks cost extra (soda, alcohol, etc)....... tours cost extra if you want a tour............. hmmm sovieners like shirts and stuff........ but many of that stuff like shirts or souvieners onboard you can pay with your sail and sign card. The food is mostly all included with your cruise price. Just, drinks are usually what you have to pay for.

You will be great if you dont expect much. First depending on which ship you choose, they charge for burgers, ff and or. On some ships, there is a $1 charge for cookies. Some charge for ice cream at the B & J stand. If you want a small cake for a bday I think its $8.95. If you enjoy lunch, RCI will not be for you. The menu is the same for the entire cruise, except for one daily special. If you want a coke card, its the most expensive in the industry. This is just a small list of what you can expect. I dont think Carnival is an alternative, but there are lots of other lines.

The alternative dining is actually ok, some charge $20 pp other ships its been mentioned at $25.

Speaking of things that cost extra... can someone please give me an idea of how much the ship's photographs cost, like the formal night photos, candids around the ship, etc.? Do you have to buy them in 8x10, or do they have them 5x7 or 4x6 too? How in the world do you find your own photos if there are over 3000 pax on the ship?!

Thanks for any info! :)

The 5x7's are around $10 and the 8x10's are $20. They group the photos in different catergories, embarkation, 2nd night dinner early seating, 2nd night dinner late seating, pool party, 1st formal night portraits, etc. You just have to go thru each group to find yours.

I'm thinking of booking on the Majesty August 20th, looks like a fun short cruise for a great price. Just wondering what will cost extra? I've only sailed on Carnival so far (one cruise) so I'm not sure what to expect from RCI

~Katy :)

If your Carnival cruise was recent, then the cost of extras will be about the same. You ARE in for a shock at the small size of your stateroom. The decoration and furnishings on RCI are really nice though. After this, you'll be an expert on comparison of the two lines.

You will be great if you dont expect much. First depending on which ship you choose, they charge for burgers, ff and or. On some ships, there is a $1 charge for cookies. Some charge for ice cream at the B & J stand. If you want a small cake for a bday I think its $8.95. If you enjoy lunch, RCI will not be for you. The menu is the same for the entire cruise, except for one daily special. If you want a coke card, its the most expensive in the industry. This is just a small list of what you can expect. I dont think Carnival is an alternative, but there are lots of other lines.

The alternative dining is actually ok, some charge $20 pp other ships its been mentioned at $25.

Does anyone know which ships charge for the burgers and fries? I had those for lunch almost every day on Carnival... so if they charge extra on the Majesty I'd need to come up with an alternate lunch plan. (like eat in port... except... that also costs extra.)

Luckily I know to expect a smaller cabin, and I don't mind. Being fresh out of college I'm used to living in cramped spaces, and besides I was only in my room on Carnival to change and sleep

Baum- there's a pool party??

Speaking of pools, any chance the pools may be slightly larger than the carnival ones? (I was on the Triumph)

~Katy

I'm assuming Brad1185 is referring the Voyager-class ships which have the Johnny Rocket's on them and are now charging the "unheard of" $3.95/person surcharge.

As far as the pool party, most of the ships seem to offer certain contests/games around the pool: bellyflop, Mr. Sexy Legs, Horse races, etc. A lot of times, the ships' photographers will be out taking pictures of people around the pool during those times. My DH and DD had a really cute picture taken of them at the pool on the Mariner.

Have a great time!!! :)

Archived