St. John Champagne Catamaran Sailaway

we went on this tour last oct. it was a lot of fun. the capt was a jimmy buffet type of guy that sailed around the world and now lives in the islands.the bus ride to the catamaran is about 45 min and it is a 45 min sail to st.john. on the way the capt points out interesting sites. it was really very interesting. once you get to the site you have about an hour or so to snorkel. it is really beautiful, crystal clear water alot of fish. then on the sail back they have snacks, beer, rum punch ,soda and a special drink the name of which i have forgotten,but i had about 6 of them. very good !! hope this helps

we went on this tour last oct. it was a lot of fun. the capt was a jimmy buffet type of guy that sailed around the world and now lives in the islands.the bus ride to the catamaran is about 45 min and it is a 45 min sail to st.john. on the way the capt points out interesting sites. it was really very interesting. once you get to the site you have about an hour or so to snorkel. it is really beautiful, crystal clear water alot of fish. then on the sail back they have snacks, beer, rum punch ,soda and a special drink the name of which i have forgotten,but i had about 6 of them. very good !! hope this helps

"Special" drink is called a Painkiller

2 oz Pusser's® dark rum

1 oz cream of coconut

4 oz pineapple juice

1 oz orange juice

Shake or stir ingredients, and pour over ice in a tall glass.

Sprinkle nutmeg on top, and serve,

Serve in: Hurricane Glass

• 2 weeks later...

How 'choppy' was the water/sail on the catamaran? (yes I have had a previous 'bad experience' on a catamaran in Mexico!)

Also can you advise re timing? Cruise literature says it's a 4.5 hour tour. What time does it leave? (I am a bit concerned considering we will need to go thru immigration in St. Thomas as we are arriving from Nassau and I understand this might take awhile?). I presume the 'tour' will wait for us if we are booked on it?

What time does it get back? May want to do some additional shopping/sightseeing in STT.

Thanks!

Froufie

Also can you advise re timing? Cruise literature says it's a 4.5 hour tour. What time does it leave? (I am a bit concerned considering we will need to go thru immigration in St. Thomas as we are arriving from Nassau and I understand this might take awhile?). I presume the 'tour' will wait for us if we are booked on it?

What time does it get back? May want to do some additional shopping/sightseeing in STT.

Froufie,

The excursion is from 11:30 to 4:00.;)

How 'choppy' was the water/sail on the catamaran? (yes I have had a previous 'bad experience' on a catamaran in Mexico!)

Thanks!

Froufie

It depends on what ship you are on and the time of the excursion. I've noticed that Princess has done away with the afternoon catamaran trips9at least the ones we wanted to book!). Probably because they were having to hold the ship too many times!! We were always coming in late, but we love the afternoon ship excursions because you don't have to worry about being late as they hold the ship for you if you're running late :D

It wasn't choppy at all when we went. It was a beautiful trip!!! We loved it and highly recommend it!!!!!!

Barbara :D

Thanks for the additional info. 11:30 - 4 sounds perfect for me - means I don't have to get up at the crack of dawn - and lots of time to do the immigration thing, put our passports back in the safe and get going!

Frouf:)

Archived