"Holiday" - How is it?

Annieeee

Hi,

I told my girlfriend I would go with her on the Carnival ship, Holiday. I tried Carnival years and years ago and to be honest I did not like it. I heard that it is all much different now. I mostly cruise RCI, but it is time to give Carnival another try.

Can anyone tell me what to expect from this ship? I heard that it was recently in drydock and that it was totally done over. We have a verandah suite. I will be with good company and I expect to have a great time, just not familiar with this ship.

I appreciate your sharing your experiences on this ship.

Annieeee

The Holiday is my favorite Carnival ship, for many reasons. If you go on the cruise with an open mind, you should have a great time. If you start off with comparisons to newer, larger ships, you may have a problem.

The Holiday is the oldest and smallest ship in Carnival's present fleet. I like the intimacy of a smaller ship, less bells and whistles, but that's a personal choice. I found the crew and staff to be friendlier, and the food a bit above the Sensation and Paradise's offerings. Again - personal observation.

I hope you have a fantastic voyage!:)

Hi,

I haven't been on the Holiday..But a few years ago I was on her sister ship the Jubilee.. She is no longer with the fleet. To old. If I was going to give Carnival a second chance it wouldn't be on the oldest ship in the feet. They can only do so much at drydock. Our trip on the Jubilee was the one right before drydock and the at that time the new Ealtion took over.

I took a large group of about 74 people. Anyone who this was their first cruise they loved it . But for those who had cruised before let me know I had really screwed up.

At the time I didn't know anything about the ship or cruise critic. So I thought it would look something like the Royal ship we had been on...

An Old Ship is like an Old Lady. You can apply all the paint you want but look past that and they are both just plain old.

So make sure you know what you getting in this OLd Beauty!!!

Carla

Worst ship in the fleet. May be better since we sailed because it was refurbished. If it is your first cruise,you will love it. If you've been on newer ships, you may dislike it as much as I did. I live a short drive from Mobile and can't wait for Carnival to put a newer ship there.

preference. We were on the 4/15 Holiday and just rebooked for 8/28. We have sailed the Holiday 5 times and prefer her over the larger, fancier ships. In my opinion, they have always had the most courteous and helpful crews of any we have been on. The food is just as good or better and the entertainment is very good. But if you prefer huge atriums, sculptures and art everywhere, then the Holiday probably is not for you. Whatever your decision. hope you have a great time.

We were on the Holiday back in 2000. It is probably the only Carnival ship I will not sail again. Too small, too old. You did not mention what Carnival ships you were on? I am assuming if it was years ago, it was one of their smaller ships. If I were you I would try a more newer bigger ship:)

That's only my opinion.

We were on the Holiday back in 2000. It is probably the only Carnival ship I will not sail again. Too small, too old. You did not mention what Carnival ships you were on? I am assuming if it was years ago, it was one of their smaller ships. If I were you I would try a more newer bigger ship:)

That's only my opinion.

It was the Fascination.

And to answer another posters question, I have sailed many, many times on Royal Caribbean, I am one away from the Diamond plus level. That is their Crown and Anchor Society. But I have always cruised the much bigger and newer ships. BUt I am not opposed to tryng a smaller one, in fact I am hoing to try RCI's much, much smaller Empress of the Seas sometime next year.

I know the Holiday is an older ship, that is does not have a big atrium or centrum. Anyone actually know how old she is? Knowing all this beforehand will certainly prepare us for the ship. I am going in with an open mind and prepared to have a great time. After all we will be on a ship, sailing to a couple of ports and that sure beats being at home, cooking or cleaning, or even working!!!

Annieeee

It was the Fascination.

And to answer another posters question, I have sailed many, many times on Royal Caribbean, I am one away from the Diamond plus level. That is their Crown and Anchor Society. But I have always cruised the much bigger and newer ships. BUt I am not opposed to tryng a smaller one, in fact I am hoing to try RCI's much, much smaller Empress of the Seas sometime next year.

I know the Holiday is an older ship, that is does not have a big atrium or centrum. Anyone actually know how old she is? Knowing all this beforehand will certainly prepare us for the ship. I am going in with an open mind and prepared to have a great time. After all we will be on a ship, sailing to a couple of ports and that sure beats being at home, cooking or cleaning, or even working!!!

Annieeee

You have a great attitude. Sounds like you will have a great time regardless of how old and small the ship is. Have fun:)

It was the Fascination.

I know the Holiday is an older ship, that is does not have a big atrium or centrum. Anyone actually know how old she is? Knowing all this beforehand will certainly prepare us for the ship. I am going in with an open mind and prepared to have a great time. After all we will be on a ship, sailing to a couple of ports and that sure beats being at home, cooking or cleaning, or even working!!!Annieeee

We also LOVE Royal Caribbean. We were on the Fantasy in 2002, sistership to Fascination, and we really weren't satisfied either. I have been looking at Carnival Cruises for summer 2006, on the newest ship, Liberty, just to give them another try. The Holiday actually doesn't have an atrium at all, it is just a little lobby in the middle of the ship from what I have seen. Give it a try, try to have fun and not compare it to RC ;) !

Archived