Aft Junior Suite on Mariner- Deck 6- Good View? Is it worth the haul to the elevator?

We reserved cabin 6394 on the Mariner and this will be our first time with an aft cabin. The view is slightly obstructed looking down. Has anyone had an aft cabin on this ship who can tell me what it's like??

Thanks for any information.

We had one on the Navigator and did not like it. We will never do it again. We enjoy looking right down and watching the waves, and you can't do it. Looking out at the sea from the balcony--well it seemed far away. We ended up storing our luggage out on the balcony and not using it, which was a huge balcony--but not worth it. There was an large overhang over the balcony and extended floor space after where the balcony ends. The floor space was not to be used by guests. It gave me the feel of a screened-in porch--without the screen. If this is ok for you, than do it. Even though the balcony is smaller on the side of the ship we enjoy it much more. The view is much better--of course this is my opinion only--what you asked for.

I suggest you search this forum using the string(s)

mariner

and

"deck 6"

and

"aft"

You might even try using your cabin number.

We had a D1 on deck 10, cabin 1390, and loved it! The walk was far but the huge balcony more than made up for it. We found our view to be spectacular too. Looking straight out we got an awesome semi-circular view of the ships path. Looking straight down we could not see the water as there is an extension of a deck (I think deck 6) that juts out.

We didnt mind but I have heard some peopel say they hated the fact that there was that extension of deck right beyond their balcony.

Do the search I mentioned above to see if you can dig up pics.

However, I think deck 6 is right ON the

We had one on the Navigator and did not like it. We will never do it again. We enjoy looking right down and watching the waves, and you can't do it. Looking out at the sea from the balcony--well it seemed far away. We ended up storing our luggage out on the balcony and not using it, which was a huge balcony--but not worth it. There was an large overhang over the balcony and extended floor space after where the balcony ends. The floor space was not to be used by guests. It gave me the feel of a screened-in porch--without the screen. If this is ok for you, than do it. Even though the balcony is smaller on the side of the ship we enjoy it much more. The view is much better--of course this is my opinion only--what you asked for.

Hi:

Do you mind me asking which deck on NOS? I had to change my sailing date and now have an aft JS. Last year I was in a D1 on the "hump" and loved it! TA siad we'll love the aft but I so enjoyed looking forward, aft and down @ the ocean. I slept with the balcony door open! I am keeping an eye open for another cabin but that will only happen if someone cancels.

Thanks for anymore info!

cruisersnorkler, you and I seem to be in the vast minority on this one. Most seem to love the aft balcony. I agree with you 100%, we wouldn't take another aft for the exact reasons you stated plus with the angled dividers the guy next door could easily see onto our balcony and we onto his. It was the least private balcony ever.

We reserved cabin 6394 on the Mariner and this will be our first time with an aft cabin. The view is slightly obstructed looking down. Has anyone had an aft cabin on this ship who can tell me what it's like??

Here's a link to my photos of cabin 6694 on Navigator, which has the same layout except is next door. Both 6394 and 6694 are the center aft cabins on Deck 6:

I enjoyed 6694 very much, and I enjoyed the view. Also, the balcony is huge compared to other regular/JS port and starboard balconies.

However:

I wouldn't pick Deck 6 aft cabins again unless there were no other aft balconies on the higher decks. I also would prefer center hump cabins -- and possibly most other balconies (JS or not) with unobstructed views -- over the Deck 6 aft cabins.

Thanks so much for all of the information! There is an aft cabin on deck 10 available also but I'm thinking I'm going to go with a side cabin, I don't like the obstructed view.

The walk is really not much of an issue for us but it is convenient to be close to the elevator when running to pick up a snack etc.

Thanks so much for all of the information! There is an aft cabin on deck 10 available also but I'm thinking I'm going to go with a side cabin, I don't like the obstructed view.

Aft Cabins on Deck 10
DO NOT
have an obstructed view. Go for them!!!!

I don't remember about the Voyager class ships, but the Radiance class have visibility from the Windjammer onto the aft balconies!
Navigator and Mariner (unlike Voyager/Explorer/Adventure), have an extra "privacy ledge" under Windjammer that blocks the diners' view of the aft cabin balconies.

I leaned on the window in the windjammer last week and could see part of the deck 10 balconies. My worries on Deck 5 would noise from what's under you. We were in the corner oceanview right next to that and didn't mind the walk. If walking is a problem I'd move to the center.

I leaned on the window in the windjammer last week and could see part of the deck 10 balconies. My worries on Deck 5 would noise from what's under you. We were in the corner oceanview right next to that and didn't mind the walk. If walking is a problem I'd move to the center.

We were on the Mainer, D1, 1390, deck 10.

No one from the windjammer could see us.

I went to the windjammer and leaned onto the glass and could just see our balcony railing.

You're going to LOVE it!

In Jan we were in the last cabins the one with the balcony and adjoining inside for the kids. It was 100 paces to the elevator...no biggie...but then again i walk and do not take the elevators...so it did not matter at all to me. What did matter was the horrendous vibrations and noise from that area.... the vibrations did not stop until we walked about 1/3rs of the way to the elevators. We actually could feel the floors shaking until that point. I do not know if this is the usual or there was something very wrong. Next cruise on mariner, we are doing deck 9 again, but mid ship with the kids across from us.

Archived