Panama Canal by Ferry still offered ?

bryanjaync

For those ships docking at Colon, is the Panama Canal by Ferry excursion still being offered by cruise lines ? I read that the ferry had been sold. My parents are going in December,and this was the ONE excursion they really wanted. Will break my heart to tell them they will not be able to go. Thanks.

the carnival legend has a panama canal tour for around $200 ( gulp ) that puts you on a ferry for a ride through the locks. you might want to go to the carnival site and bring up the panama canal tours and see if it would be of interest too you. i am having a very hard time deciding what to do in colon. the tours there are very expensive with the ship and i am having a very hard time finding a tour co that is in my price range also. in belize i am going to do the altun ha/wallace river tour with carnival and in limon i am going with oscar brown on the canal tour with a few plantation and wildlife stops to stop at along with some shopping. after being in the water so much on those 2 tours i want to do something different in colon. i might try the areal tram ride over the forest trees. or just stay on the ship and go to the free trade zone and do some shopping. actually i didnt thing colon/panama would be such a hard port for me to choose a tour but i am struggling to decide what to do. let me know if you find out anything about a ferry tour. i still might check into that. it is a good thing i have a long time to decide what to do. :) . have a great time

• 2 months later...

Archived