Victory - formal nights

barryn

On the Victory's 4 night itinerary, are there any formal nights? I would be quite happy to leave the suit at home, as long as they still bring the lobster tails to the dining room.

Carnival does not have any cruises without a formal night.

On the Victory's 4 night itinerary, are there any formal nights? I would be quite happy to leave the suit at home, as long as they still bring the lobster tails to the dining room.

Just got off the Victory last Saturday. The formal night was the second night of the cruise.

Well I Was On The Victory In January And Let Me Tell You There Were People In The Dinning Room On Formal Night With Shorts And T-shirts On, They Never Said Anything To Them But The Shore Looked Out Of Place...... And There Were Plenty Of Men Without Suits... Shirt And Tie Is Fine

I am sure they will let you in the dining room in a shirt and tie. But won't you feel out of place?

Hey, 15K, I'm a marathoner, so I guess I have an extended perspective:) In any case, how many men enter the dining room in suits or with sportscoats who immediately take them off and hang them over their seats? Quite a few, to say the least.

Well I Was On The Victory In January And Let Me Tell You There Were People In The Dinning Room On Formal Night With Shorts And T-shirts On, They Never Said Anything To Them.

A prime example of a Maitre d' NOT doing his job - if that is true.

I've seen Maitre d's turning folks away at the door even on a non-formal night - several times - for being improperly dressed. GOOD Maitre d'.

Well I Was On The Victory In January And Let Me Tell You There Were People In The Dinning Room On Formal Night With Shorts And T-shirts On, They Never Said Anything To Them.

A prime example of a Maitre d' NOT doing his job - if that is true.

I've seen Maitre d's turning folks away at the door even on a non-formal night - several times - for being improperly dressed. GOOD Maitre d'.

Maitre d's doing their job - awesome! There have been cruises when we have wondered who they were!

Trust Me It Is True... I Could Not Believe It.... Some Nights They Even Came To The Dinning Room Drunk.... It Was A Real Bad Sight I Felt So Sorry For The Wait Staff For That Table They Were Like Animals... And The Maitre'd Did Nothing To Stop This It Was Crazy...... That Is Why I Thought Twice Before Tipping The Maitre'd

That's awful. I would have found the F&B Director, and asked what that Maitre d' was thinking! Really. There's no excuse for letting disorderly folks into the dining room - nor in shorts and tees.

The conduct of a few could really put a damper on other passengers, not to mention the unfortunate waiters who had to serve them. :(

I also would have informed the Maitre d' exactly why I did NOT believe he deserved a tip, and why he was not getting one from me. I'm like that.

Archived